i will most likely fail hsc (1 Viewer)

cfair

Banned
HSC
Since when was General Maths a shitty subject? I've been told it's much easier... but that means it's also much easier to get 100% in :).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No you won't. Effort + attitude! Remember that.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
cfair said:
Since when was General Maths a shitty subject? I've been told it's much easier... but that means it's also much easier to get 100% in :).
But it scales down quite significantly. That's pretty much the point of the scaling system, to make sure people don't gain an unfair advantage by doing easier subjects.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
If at the end of the day you can say to yourself i've really really put EVERYTHING into my hsc and you're able to say "i couldn't do any better because i honestly know i tried my best" then that's all you can do. but your state of mind isn't going to help you, and trust me if your mind is in a place of "i'm gona fail etc etc" then that's gonna totally direct and control ur concentration and phsychological well being.

and ya.. don't worry about ranking, scaling, all that! the point is do your VERY BEST. =D But don't go nuts and stress your self crazy with it, there are other options out there to get into university or other institutions, but don't depend on them.

soras2

HSC
Dw! Just try your best! But put effort into it, otherwise that feeling you're getting might be right. It's good you feel this way atleast it should push you to do something about it. All it takes is the first step then perserverence. Try your best! We have next term to get ourselves started and going and next year we'll be ready to battle the HSC! Goodluck! Work hard =)

HSC
N/A
Chibios said:
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just work really hard or choose subjects with REALLY good scaling.
Like a causality loop?

I like time travel...

Work is not proportional to marks. (And yet I would advocate people to do so.)

It's also not particularly wise to simply rely on scaling, or the "scaling game", as you may hear people iterating time and time again. Perhaps it's getting bland.
Quite.

Even if one chooses, say Anc. Greek, Latin, or Moldovian/Romanian, one still has to perform respectably.
over9k said:
because i have this feeling inside telling me that i'm going to fail no matter how hard i try.

maybe it's because of my shitty subjects eg general maths

/wrists
May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.
Irish sayings.

If anything can go wrong, it will. Now, you yourself have the power to control the chance that things will go wrong. I can assure that we've all been, at one point of time in our lives thus far (inform me otherwise if your life is truly idyllic), in a similar situation, and there's no point to crying over spilt milk.

If you have a confidence problem... for lack of a better word, I would advise you to consult and confer with your school counsellor(s) who is (are) there to assist you in your troubles, or at least most of them.

There's no point in doing tutoring or whatever if you do, in fact, have a confidence problem, because it won't be the lack of knowledge or understanding that will undermine your marks, it's that, this "id" of yours.

Hope this helps.

Also, work on the mentality. Tell yourself that you're capable of achieving practical goals; and, of course, achieve them.

CieL

HSC
General maths shouldnt be that bad..

My friend did general maths, 2u eng, and random business units.. and he only had one band6, which was the general maths, and achieved a UAI of 86ish

Kujah

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
losing effort, losing attitude = failure?
Been taken out of context :eek:

Good effort + good attitude = (hopefully) success.

tinkz17

HSC
yer same i feel that way to.....to get a uai of below 30 what would u need to get in each subject

LordPc

HSC
yer same i feel that way to.....to get a uai of below 30 what would u need to get in each subject
to get below 30 you have to really not care. for example, you would have to:

-not study at all
-not do any homework at all
-submit every assignment that you get in the hsc several days late
-not study the night before an exam, but rather you wake up at 6am and study in the 2 hours before the test.
-go to class but not listen

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i think im gonna fail too => fail to get 98+

but i'll work harder

better to be a loser than to not have tried :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's pretty freaking hard to actually fail the HSC, i wouldn't worry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)