I was deceived: Anyone else not prepared for SDD? (1 Viewer)

Dtragon

HSC
I am totally not prepared for SDD, I am for the rest of the subjects but SDD will pull my marks down no doubt. When I chose SDD my teacher made it seem so awesome and hid all the theoretical aspects to it, by the time 4 weeks passed and you couldn't replace any of your subjects he was gone and we had a substitute for 4 months learning nothing and doing whatever we wanted [Counter-Strike, Dota, Youtube]. I ended up dropping Engineering Studies cause that seemed way harder cause I thought when the teacher comes back for SDD we would learn something, of course he failed at teaching and now I'm gonna fail. Unlucky for us that from next year the Syllabus for SDD will completely change and include less theory.
I gave up on SDD cause I just missed out on too much work as well as everyone else in the class.
I have 10 Units so there goes my life :(

enoilgam

HSC
When it comes to choosing subjects - its hard to trust the teachers teaching them because they are in a sense trying to "sell" the course to you and recruit you. When I had my subject selection every teacher glorified their subjects whilst damning others (especially the EE1 teacher vs the MX1 teacher).

But at this point, there is no point lamenting, just hit the books and do your best for it.

umz93

HSC
When it comes to choosing subjects - its hard to trust the teachers teaching them because they are in a sense trying to "sell" the course to you and recruit you. When I had my subject selection every teacher glorified their subjects whilst damning others (especially the EE1 teacher vs the MX1 teacher).
This times 100

Dtragon

HSC
'sigh' ah well the best I can do is what you said, as well as warn the coming generation of year 11's to choose wisely.

Sammydubbs

HSC
Yeah i gotta say don't feel really all that prepared. but i've got a week off to study between Physics and SDD so hopefully that will help, also random question is anyone else pissed off that SDD finishes at 5 only reason i am is because its my last exam :(

xMorrow

HSC
Yeah i gotta say don't feel really all that prepared. but i've got a week off to study between Physics and SDD so hopefully that will help, also random question is anyone else pissed off that SDD finishes at 5 only reason i am is because its my last exam :(
I'm pissed off that it's on the second last day lol. I would've liked it to be in week 2 so I could finish on the 4th :(

Clarky13

HSC
The Drama teachers at my school put on a play about the exciting world of Drama.

But, anyway, back on topic. I find the theoretical side of SDD is content heavy with a bit of common sense mixed in, save the coding parts of course. Head over to HSC online or the resource section here has some good stuff, and get a studin'.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Find the syllabus. Grab a book. Learn whatever you can...from what I see (I haven't started studying) the SDD syllabus is slightly smaller than others.

If you can..find someone elses notes (hsc.csu will do as a last resort) and just...read. Then do past papers.

Good luck.

100th post =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)