I thought Tony Abbott was part of the Liberal party? (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yeah both are pretty homosexual religions, just one is obsessed with loving jesus and the other with mohammod

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Seems he joined Labour when I wasn't looking.
We're talking about Tony Abbott's flagrant flip-flopping right now, not the fuckwits running Labour right now.
*Labor.
I thought it was a one-off but you did it again. It's 'Labour' in the UK, not here.

Oh, I'm just interested in why he was so staunchly against paid maternity leave as a member of Howard's Liberal government but now as leader of the Liberals is so staunchly for it.

I wonder what kind of double think goes on in his head every day?
The problem with Tony Abbott is that he's 99% politician, 1% brain. Apparently he's like a kid with ADHD on policies and gets all excited about them but then by the next morning has totally lost interest and moved onto something else that's bound to grab the tabloid headlines. i.e. would be a shit Prime Minister.

0bs3n3

HSC
Apparently he's like a kid with ADHD on policies and gets all excited about them but then by the next morning has totally lost interest and moved onto something else that's bound to grab the tabloid headlines. i.e. would be a shit Prime Minister.
Still, even if that's the case more would get done then Rudd is currently doing, no matter how minuscule that amount may be.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
*Labor.
I thought it was a one-off but you did it again. It's 'Labour' in the UK, not here.
I do it every single time and I always will. I don't believe we gain anything by using the American spelling. Points for trying.

The problem with Tony Abbott is that he's 99% politician, 1% brain. Apparently he's like a kid with ADHD on policies and gets all excited about them but then by the next morning has totally lost interest and moved onto something else that's bound to grab the tabloid headlines. i.e. would be a shit Prime Minister.
I have ADHD. ADHD doesn't have a fucking thing to do with this.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Still, even if that's the case more would get done then Rudd is currently doing, no matter how minuscule that amount may be.
Hmmm. I'm not huge Ruddo-fan but I think you're being a little harsh on him slash his whole government.

I do it every single time and I always will. I don't believe we gain anything by using the American spelling. Points for trying.

I have ADHD. ADHD doesn't have a fucking thing to do with this.
The Labor Party has been called the Labor party since its inception, I'm not sure why they use that spelling but it's hardly an issue of it being Americanised, and even so in this usage it's a noun so that's how you spell it.

As it says, I was using ADHD as an analogy, sorry if there was any offence caused.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The Labor Party has been called the Labor party since its inception, I'm not sure why they use that spelling but it's hardly an issue of it being Americanised, and even so in this usage it's a noun so that's how you spell it.
Not an Americanism? :p

"The ALP adopted the formal name 'Australian Labour Party' in 1908, but changed the spelling to 'Labor' in 1912. While it is standard practice in Australian English both today and at the time to spell the word labour with a 'u', the party was influenced by the United States labor movement and a prominent figure in the early history of the party, the North American–born King O'Malley, was successful in having the spelling 'modernised'."

Australian Labor Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I have to say though, that I like this style of maternity leave because it is correct in stating that the babies of wealthy people are worth more than those of poor people.

aussie-boy

HSC
Not an Americanism? :p

"The ALP adopted the formal name 'Australian Labour Party' in 1908, but changed the spelling to 'Labor' in 1912. While it is standard practice in Australian English both today and at the time to spell the word labour with a 'u', the party was influenced by the United States labor movement and a prominent figure in the early history of the party, the North American–born King O'Malley, was successful in having the spelling 'modernised'."

Australian Labor Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lol that was the guy who banned alcohol in the ACT, with an exception for parliament house

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)