I need help about my ATAR (no working out involved) (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have a query..

As I go to a catholic school, religion is compulsory. I am doing 1U, and not looking forward to the exam on Wednesday.
What has always bothered me is...

i do 11 units. will that 1 unit of religion count at all in regards to my atar? or would it only count if i got a mystery mark in say, maths, and they take part of maths and part of religion?

D94

HSC
N/A
I have a query..

As I go to a catholic school, religion is compulsory. I am doing 1U, and not looking forward to the exam on Wednesday.
What has always bothered me is...

i do 11 units. will that 1 unit of religion count at all in regards to my atar? or would it only count if i got a mystery mark in say, maths, and they take part of maths and part of religion?
So what would happen is if you got say 60 in Maths and 70 (35/50) for SOR1, then they would take half of Maths (ie. 30/50) and add that to SOR1, so you get 65/100, which goes towards your ATAR calculation.

HSC
So what would happen is if you got say 60 in Maths and 70 (35/50) for SOR1, then they would take half of Maths (ie. 30/50) and add that to SOR1, so you get 65/100, which goes towards your ATAR calculation.
That is not strictly correct, but the idea of it is.

They take the scaled marks - after UAC scaling - and then compare. If say your maths scales to 36/50 and your SOR scales to 38/50, then 1 unit of Maths and one unit of SOR will count. It is not the HSC mark that is taken into account for ATARs/Scaling.

D94

HSC
N/A
That is not strictly correct, but the idea of it is.

They take the scaled marks - after UAC scaling - and then compare. If say your maths scales to 36/50 and your SOR scales to 38/50, then 1 unit of Maths and one unit of SOR will count. It is not the HSC mark that is taken into account for ATARs/Scaling.
Yeah, it was a rough example, but for the idea. In recent years, HSC mark is usually close to ATAR ranks (as in raw conversions with rank considerations), hence why people are able to figure a very close ATAR using AtarCalculator or Matrix on the Wednesday, even though ATARs are released on Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)