I just kicked someone's crap off a tableeeee!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
lcf said:
People who leave their laptops/PDAs/mobiles and other portable electronics on tables, alone - astounds me.

SALE SALE SALE! It all must go!
LOL

Oh, bad time to say that... with all the half-yearly sales going on I just had this mental image of someone spotting a lone laptop, then all there people with huge red and white sale signs appearing and chanting "SALE SALE SALE!" to the suprise of nearby library peoples... :p

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Could make it even worse by getting a spruiker (middle aged woman in black business suit and far too much make up) standing there - Hello and welcome to the library. Today we have a nice special on some Sony VAIOs, a few Apple iBooks and one Compaq laptop - all crafted in beuatiful plastic, they feature glowing panels of different colours to match your look! *bla bla bla* - ahaha - i do love the red/white signs though.

However i would like just to slap them in the face when they come back to the table with an orange sticker...

"Defective Human"

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
omg macq library is horrible...there are absolutely no free tables anywhere...there are empty seats...but pplz crap is lying on the table...and i have no guts to take em off...out library needs to extend a couple more levels

*hopeful*

HSC
forget sale, more like steal

if u gonna just leave it there unattended u dont deserve it 2 still b there...

lol ok that might be a bit harsh but still

Last edited:
HSC
just one thing my little revolutionaries - it's quite annoying if u're gone for under 10 mins, like to the toilet or out for a quick smoke to come back and find someone's usurped ur position because they couldn't be arsed either looking around for a free table (which is not easy to find) or waiting for one to become free. some chick did that the other day - i must've been gone for about 5 mins and came back to find she'd shoved my stuff to the side and had taken the table. i didn't care enough about the table to make a thing about it - it's more the lack of manners that pissed me off. that said, it is annoying when half the library desk have crap on them but no people, there are no other tables available, and u just know that they've left the library for an hour to go chat with friends or whatever and want a table reserved.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
*hopeful* said:
i was me, who else am i gonna be ? :p i wuz on level 2 on the desks on d left side wen u walk in

edit: thats the first time i've actually seen seen u....i think ?
Oh ok.

Could have left a note when I wasn't at my desk. :p

*hopeful*

HSC
redruM said:
Oh ok.

Could have left a note when I wasn't at my desk. :p

lol that would have been so freaky, "sup redrum i c u xoxo *hopeful*"

but nah i didnt c u at a desk

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
*hopeful* said:
lol that would have been so freaky, "sup redrum i c u xoxo *hopeful*"

but nah i didnt c u at a desk
hahah

I like it freaky ;)

:uhoh:

*hopeful*

HSC
lol i'll keep that in mind 4 next time :hammer: i like it freaky 2

:p

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I've seen people leave their desk to go to class/lunch and not come back for 2hours, and when they do arrive they remove their stuff and just leave.

The thing about the policy and flyers about the 15minutes max is that they had them laminated and stuck to tables before but people just tore them off.

Hobbsee

HSC
We can chuck people's stuff off?

EXCELLENT!

I saw the notice a while ago...didnt know if people were game enough to go and do it though.

I just hid in the computer labs instead (yes, i do comp) instead of the library. Next semester, however....

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
maybe a shame system lol

hey you! you have been away from that table for 2 hours! *snaps photo*
*prints and sticks on a wall* - the TABLE HOG HALL OF FAME
Warning: These people should not be approached, they let there seats turn cold!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lcf said:
maybe a shame system lol

Nah, make websites about all of the table hoggers with fake info like: "Marion here *shows photo* finds it a turn on when you throw green paint at her and she spends most of her day near X7A, so give her a green splat when you see her." I guarantee they will never hog the library desks again.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lcf said:
maybe a shame system lol

Or just shoot them on the spot, since most of them are from China, they should be used to that kinda thing

*hopeful*

HSC
we can get msn on those comps ? i know u can use web msn but the normal one ?

yeah i always steal chairs, too bad for them

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Tomorrow, some friends and I are going to do TodayTonight/Chaser style 'point the camera and shame' type things with people like that especially sleeping on tables..
*snooty reported voice*
These tables are becoming more extinct *dramatic pause* than the trees used, to make them...

I'll post it up in a few days...

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
video is done - i will post after Law Revue (it is being screened there so - better keep it exclusive for now) We were going to do the copmuters but - the people looked pretty grumpy + we didn't want to attract librarians attention - I can not wait to get this vid onlin D: (4.40) the responses are quite funny!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
miss_gtr said:
damn. this 'ask me how' guy from enrolment was really dumb. thought it mightve been you.
:rofl: for 1. bluntness, and 2. that you're obviously a n00b to the mac forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)