I just kicked someone's crap off a tableeeee!!! (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Kylie, don't be rude to Jason, or I won't sell you my almost-prize-winning myth essay.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
It's official
The 'Library Revue/Exposé' is going to be on at the Law Revue coming very soon to a Macquarie Lighthouse Theatre near you! Be theeerrreeee......

nwatts

HSC
AsyLum said:
Or just shoot them on the spot, since most of them are from China, they should be used to that kinda thing
bahaha what a fucking good call.

and there are very rarely desks completely full in the uow library. i have a few times seen laptops abandoned at desks, which blew me away. i carry mine around everywhere. couldn't imagine just leaving it for someone to yoink.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sit where you can see a few unoccupied tables for 20mins and then do it, no point sitting on the floor

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just find some room around uni, most classes aren't on this week are they?

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Do what IAB said or if you like to, walk round/past one spot at first, look around the library etc, come back, and if nobody is there or the stuff is unchanged etc, its YOURS yeehaw!

Normally Id find a desk with not much clutter and just sit there, I find that by the time people come back its waaay paast 15/20mins anyway

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i saw someone do that and she was all peed off and the empty table's friend said "someone's sitting there" and she got more peed off and put the stuff back on the table and went off... and the other person didn't even come back til like hours later. so yeh i dunno. i don't go to the uni library in the first place cuz of that

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
my friend recommended to go sit in an empty classroom in sibt (+ air con yay!)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Silver seats outside Marxines/Quarry. :)

X

xeuyrawp

miss_gtr said:
I can't i'm too chicken.
If you can't be assertive enough with throwing people's shit off tables, good luck with the fight that is library resources for history essays. :p

cyan said:
I can gladly say that i exercised my 15 minute policy right yesterday.

I went to the library at 12:30pm (so as you can imagine i was already going to be disapointed when it came to finding a table).

I went to all the levels, about half the tables were empty with books and bags on them. i then went back to level 3 and saw about 5 empty desks. So i waited for 15 minutes (with people at their desks looking at my funny) then as the 15 minutes were up i started removing a bunch of books off a table only to have a girl in one of the ajacent tables speak. the conversation went as followed:

Girl: 'ohhh.. my friends coming back'

Me: 'sorry, but she hasnt been here for a while...' *continues to remove books*

Girl: 'she will be back soon, her lectures nearly finished'

Me: 'uhh, how longs the lecture gone for?'

Girl: ' 2 hours'

Me: ' uh, no sorry, the policies clear *points to policy on wall, which to my luck was right near where i was- pure luck* if a table is left unattended for more than 15 minutes someone else can take it'

Girl: ' well youll get up when she comes back?'

Me: 'no, sorry, i'm taking this table to study. You cant keep a desk for 2 hours unattended, its clear, on the wall if you dont believe me'

*takes stuff off table* (she then gave up and asked for her to have her friends books, which i handed over.'

And that was my little conversation for yesterday. :) Quite exciting, and i'm glad i won. I'm almost tempted to go into the library tommorrow at lunchtime just to do it all over again (and you can almost guarantee that if there is a table left unattended, they wont be back for a long time - so all you have to do is wait for 15 minutes).
*Applause*

I've done it three times. All three times, I've just piled up the stuff and dropped it on the floor. Usually, the person/friends of person pick up the stuff and walk off, knowing that I'm far too large and cranky to be messed with.

HSC
N/A
"far too large and cranky to be messed with"
^ lol!

I'm too soft-hearted to slam books on floor. I'd probably be really selective about which table I pick to... don't want any scary-looking types trying to convince me that I shouldn't "steal" their absent friend's table :/

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
"far too large and cranky to be messed with"
^ lol!

I'm too soft-hearted to slam books on floor. I'd probably be really selective about which table I pick to... don't want any scary-looking types trying to convince me that I shouldn't "steal" their absent friend's table :/
I'll share you a secret of life, Lynn. Attitude is key. If someone messes with you, give them a big 'fuck off, and get out of my face'. Get up into their face while you do this,* and they'll think you've got some sort of skillz and/or hidden weapon.

* May require a step-ladder, some phone books, or a couple of vegemite jars.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I can gladly say that i exercised my 15 minute policy right yesterday.

I went to the library at 12:30pm (so as you can imagine i was already going to be disapointed when it came to finding a table).

I went to all the levels, about half the tables were empty with books and bags on them. i then went back to level 3 and saw about 5 empty desks. So i waited for 15 minutes (with people at their desks looking at my funny) then as the 15 minutes were up i started removing a bunch of books off a table only to have a girl in one of the ajacent tables speak. the conversation went as followed:

Girl: 'ohhh.. my friends coming back'

Me: 'sorry, but she hasnt been here for a while...' *continues to remove books*

Girl: 'she will be back soon, her lectures nearly finished'

Me: 'uhh, how longs the lecture gone for?'

Girl: ' 2 hours'

Me: ' uh, no sorry, the policies clear *points to policy on wall, which to my luck was right near where i was- pure luck* if a table is left unattended for more than 15 minutes someone else can take it'

Girl: ' well youll get up when she comes back?'

Me: 'no, sorry, i'm taking this table to study. You cant keep a desk for 2 hours unattended, its clear, on the wall if you dont believe me'

*takes stuff off table* (she then gave up and asked for her to have her friends books, which i handed over.'

And that was my little conversation for yesterday. :) Quite exciting, and i'm glad i won. I'm almost tempted to go into the library tommorrow at lunchtime just to do it all over again (and you can almost guarantee that if there is a table left unattended, they wont be back for a long time - so all you have to do is wait for 15 minutes).
good work!!!
how long were you at the table and did the person come back?
edit: were there even lectures yesterday?
glitterfairy said:
don't want any scary-looking types trying to convince me that I shouldn't "steal" their absent friend's table :/
precisely why i intend on watching 5 empty tables and taking the one next to the person who looks engrossed in study

PwarYuex said:
rofl!

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I'll share you a secret of life, Lynn. Attitude is key. If someone messes with you, give them a big 'fuck off, and get out of my face'. Get up into their face while you do this,* and they'll think you've got some sort of skillz and/or hidden weapon.

She's armed with 5 inch stilletos, a swift kick to the gonads should suffice

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
hahahaha

yeah, I'm always needing help in the height department

damn the unwritten "you must be *this* tall to appear threatening" stigma in society :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)