I got a job at Woolworths!!! It's the best place! (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
i get 8.97 an hour is that good for a 17 year old?
its an ok rate for part time [set hours.. on a contract.. get benefits] but not for casual [hours change every week.. no benefits but casual loading].. at my work part timers get 8.86 and casuals get 10.63 so yeh

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
natstar said:
its actually only around 14 for a 19 year old.
I dont want to discourage u or anything, but I thought woolies were a nice place when i started working there, but I got sick of it so quickly...we went through 3 supervisors and they were all bitches....must be something about my woolies tho.. I only work there during holidays...which is enuf.. Well doen tho....The pay is good u have to admit...maybe its just me in the fact that I find woolies shit..oh and i kno loz does too lol.....DOnt go by me tho.....maybe u will find it fun lol
which woolies did you work at?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Wooolies is a crap job-- the people are nice but if ur on checkouts is so repetitive that it isnt funny. the pay is alright i've been there since i was 14 on 5.25 an hour and now i'm on 10.80 and i'm 17 so its not too bad pay cept they give all the 14 yo the public holidays so they dont have to pay u

Tambubs

HSC
working too long

Hey, i get around $12.50, and i'm 18, i've been working at woolies for 3 years and......... i am the fastest checkout scanner in the region (well top 2 fastest) nothing to really brag about!!
so where abouts does everyone work?, i'm in byron bay, yeah great.. i know (jking)

Shonabona

HSC
N/A
Wow congrats!!
I just got a job with Target, but I havent started yet, and after the way you talked about Kmart I hope Target isn't that bad!! :(
I'll remember about Wollies!!

mayflower

i've been working at woolies, for the past 2 and a bit years and i love it. i'm 18 and i get $12.50 an hour which means on sundays i get approx $18 an hour which is awesome! and i find it fun, our stores not very big so everyone knows everyone else. and its not very busy so basically we stand around and 'clean' and talk. i love it!
oh and our store has a social club so they have heaps of parties or golf days etc. all the supervisors are pretty friendly except our new manager is really dominerring. she always has to remind ppl that shes the boss. we just make jokes about her behind her back.

helloyo

I've been working at woolies the past 5 months, and its crap. pay is good, people are fine, i can deal with customers fine, but its just the monotany, and when its busy its non stop work! i'm 17 and get a $10.63 so thats alright.

I hate those calico bags too, but even worse then that is people that bring their old plastic bags! Argh!!! They either don't fit the bag holder, are falling apart, or so scrunched up they are unusable. Next time i'm going to tell them to recycle them and i'll give them some nice pretty new ones.

My shifts are a bit annoying at the moment. I hate working, but i'm getting a car soon, so i need a fair bit of cash. Also considering my vices i need cash. I tried to get saturdays off and even after long elaborate lies i couldn't get it off. Damn!

When i first got their i was amazed at this little 12 year old knowing all the codes (and his foul mouth...), but now its second nature. Off the top of my head. I was going to list the ones that i know, but its hard to get it without seeing the fruit, or having the right type of number pad...

masteraal

hmmm.... i have a friend and i was talking to her about her work..she was quite happy (well it sounded like it to me) to work at woolies for the rest of her life...(well atleast a very long time...) hmmm it cant be that good right?

and what does ur pay sorta cap at?? ie whats the most u can get per hour

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
ARGHHH I WORK AT WOOLIES....stupid checkouts !!!!!
Woolies jus called me to start work at 11am til 8.30pm :)
hehehhe but NOWAY...i h8 Woolies...goodluck all u other future woolies ppl
*i dun wanna work this weekendddddddddddddddddddddddddd*

Sasky

HSC
Everyone has Wollie-Angst.

I've got it too.

F%!?S*@$#*

i hate working there. And yes, don't tell me - I am quitting.

Hmmm... (looking at thread title)......

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i been working at woolies 4 3 years
it has its goods and bads
but i havent worked for 3 weeks so i miss it because of hsc
i start again next wednesday
"yay"

dimsims

HSC
GO COLES!!! only cause i work there... all of my friend work for Woolworths ltd

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i just had my first shift in 5 weeks at woolies and i now remember why i hate it so much
my feet and back are killing me
plus now that i will have finished the HSC next week they still havent put me back on
i had to be rang up to ask to fill in for someone and i have to ring them if i want a shift on thursday cos i need money

Tambubs

HSC
i love working at Byron Woolies, its not as good as it use to be cause all my old friends have left, but i didn't realise how much i missed the place while doing the HSC!!!!! i mean MISSED THE PLACE!!!!!!
we have all these new people and i go through them and i just want to jump on the other side of the check out and take over, i'm having withdrawal symptoms from being away for 5 weeks..... its appearing in my dreams! :eek: AAAAAHHHHHHHHH
can't wait till saturday 8am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bloody hell i'm lame...!!!!

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... I guess stacking shelves, taking out the trash, swiping crap at the register, and copping flak from insincere supervisors, does get repetitive and boring and irritating after a week or so.

Here's an idea. You're excited at your new job, so you work heaps hard for the first few days. The dildo-up-his/her-ass supervisor notes how much work you've done during those days, so whenever your work drops below that line he/she accuses you of being lazy. You become unhappy, and don't work as hard. More accusations. Get fired.

Don't be so excited.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Hahaha the only deli code I know is 1- devon
I can rattle off produce codes and transcodes non stop..
The worst thing is.. with the new touchscreen registers (I had training for them at the west ryde store) all of that knowledge goes to waste because there are no codes or transcodes or numbers for refund types..
Gosh this is an old thread =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)