I got a job at Woolworths!!! It's the best place! (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I'm so excited! Right now I'm on a "probationary period" and wasn't even expecting their call (especially when my online application expired long before they called me for an interview!)

Anywho.....I suggest to anyone to work at Woolworths...or at least my store. From the moment I walked in the doors they were nice, polite and always caring of you. They even bother to remember your name and what you're doing etc (school, or in my case working at shitty Kmart before)

Their training is excellent. Although the induction was just 8hrs of OH&S videos...I now have 98 bucks in my account from watching videos!!
I know I sound like a dickhead but it was really amazing going from the dead-end, rude job at Kmart to a happy, caring place at woolies - plus there's heaps more room in the checkouts bay compared to our kmart that allowed you less than a metre to stand in.

capsicum

HSC
hey! congrats!! how much are you getting per hour? and what's your age anyway? it sounds like you really enjoy working with woolies and that's good to know. best of luck there!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MissMacbeth said:
Their training is excellent. Although the induction was just 8hrs of OH&S videos...I now have 98 bucks in my account from watching videos!!
OH&S shit piss me off. almost to the point where i'm gonna quit before i finish induction.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I'm 19 next month, so I'm on at around $11 bucks an hour. But it changes twice - 1st time for when I turn 19 and 2nd time when I go off probation - it then goes up to around 15 bucks an hour then. Not bad for a measly 8.50 at Kmart.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i know people who find kmart fun too so it all depends, don't be put off by natstar

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh my woolies is good.. the supervisors are nice and they give me variety shifts
its nice getting paid for doing nothing in the induction and on training days hehe
ive been there nearly 3 years so yeh..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Apparently its hard to take time off at woolies. So says a mate of mine that works for $300 a week (and doing his hsc)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i just took 3 weeks off for my trials when i only needed to take 2 off.. ive never had an issue where ive had to work when im unavailable
and most saturdays i have something on (esp coming up to open days) and i just write in the book that i cant work and they give me shifts other days

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I never took time off for exams and they never gave me shifts. I was lucky to get one shift per month. Then when I started going to college four days I week, they never called me when I was available but they would call me every day when I wasn't.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
well i applied for the job on thursday.. got the job on friday and had my induction saturday and on the job training a week later.. this was before the whole internet application system came about though
umm i dont know when to apply.. because colesmyer r already hiring christmas casuals so yeh..
i applied at the beginning of november in 01..

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
lmao.. woolly the best.. its sux mate...sometime customer can be rude, broke, smelly or lonely (they'l tel u their life story).. nevertheless, the pay are pretti gud $$$ :D

i think woolly employ through net application form only.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
lmao.. woolly the best.. its sux mate...sometime customer can be rude, broke, smelly or lonely (they'l tel u their life story).. nevertheless, the pay are pretti gud $$$ :D

i think woolly employ through net application form only.
yeh but any shop that you work in customers can be like that
woolies now only have online applications..

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
I also ended up hating my job at Woolies on checkout after about a month. The people there were fine, quite friendly really, but the nature of the job was just boring as shit. It drives you insane. Well it drove me insane, and now look at me
Just my opinion though, some sickies actually LIKE it (cro_angel) :p

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Congrats! I work at Big W (which is owned by Woolworths) for ages and now I hate it... but that's because we have a new manager and he's a tool. But I hope you enjoy it :)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
I worked at woolies for 2 1/4 years. It started off good. Stayed good with pay.. but i absolutely hated the job. It was so boring and our managers were shit as and were always changing. They screwed up my contract so many times it wasn't funny, it took me months of hounding them to get my holiday pay and the holiday pay owing when i left. The other thing i hated was that the supervisers wouldn't let you get off registers when you'd finished your shift until 10 mins after you were sposed to be finished at the earliest, and you wouldn't get over time for anything less than 1/2 hour. It was ridiculous. I lost so much money that way. The other thing i hated was that the supervisers had favourites. There was this one girl who literally spent 15 mins on her register in a 4 hour shift, she just wandered round the rest of the time and they let her!!!! whereas if anyone else even left to go to the bathroom they'd chuck a fit! i was so happy to leave there. Our manager was an absolute bastard and he can't run the store for crap! Sorry to all the people who actually like it!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
So that makes four of us who think Woolworths is shit. To be honest, I wasn't trying to dash the threadstarter's optimism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)