I finally drove a V8 turbocharged convertible... ask me a question. (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
After spending quite a bit of time thrashing a new SL63, in the spirit of two older threads, ask me a question.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/505/cars-automobiles/102925/i-finally-drove-v8.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...2197/i-finally-drove-suv-ask-me-question.html

In summary, pretty amazeballs. I drove the R230 SL55 before (5.5L v8 supercharged) and that felt brutal. This didn't feel as scary to drive but it did feel light on it's feet. I found the interface which was consistent with my w204 facelifted C class to have become a bit clunky with so many menu options (e.g. why is the command to adjust ride height buried away in the in-dash menus as opposed to having a button like the old SL?). Acceleration which is what matters more was amazing. This SL had the performance pack fitted and it really went hard when you put your foot down even in Comfort mode, let along Sport with the AMG suspension hardened.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I've got a question, if you were driving a v8 turbocharged convertible, how did you even notice the interface on the dash haha?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got a question, if you were driving a v8 turbocharged convertible, how did you even notice the interface on the dash haha?
Malaysian roads are a bit dodgy in some places and when climbing unsurfaced slopes or over gravel, I had to raise the car up to avoid damage. That's when I realised it was really hard to find the setting to do this!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
How often would you think those rear tyres would have to be changed haha?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
How is the sound considering it's bi turbo? Does it even compare to the 6.2L in the c63/gl63 etc

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Tyres definitely squeal very easily in this car. The thing which shocks me is how light the car felt although my uncle warned me not to try to correct too much with momentum against me eg weaving through traffic at 180km/h. The engine felt more lively than the C63 IMO especially with the turbos kicking in. What I found most humorous was even at 130km/h and higher, the engine was at low revs until I kicked down. Not as low as my diesel but given the speed, it was impressive. It was also fun to always have that infinite amount of power on tap whenever I needed it.

Note this SL63 had the performance pack fitted for a few extra hp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)