I am lacking all means of motivation... (1 Viewer)

apple pancake

HSC
Bit of advice

:fish:I was pretty worried about Yr 12 as well. Really, it's not too much of a step up from yr 11. As long as you know the basics for the subjects that you're keeping for yr 12, you're all set.
MAJOR THING: when teachers and everyone is pressuring you to make a study timetable, ignore them if you know that its not going to help you. All my teachers told me to dot it, but i didn't think it would help. Instead, i would go over everything that i learnt that day, and make sure that i understood it.
I'm in yr 12 this year and my teachers have all been really suppotive, as well as my mum (who is the best in the world. She helps me if i need it and trusts me to do my work)
My major motivation for yr 12 was the hsc graduation. I want to stand up in front of my school, and be really proud of what i have achieved.
Still lacking motivation????:fish::guitar:lol

Jeee

Banned
HSC
99.95 is not worth risking your social life. There are so many more important things out there.
Your teenagers, go have some fucking fun.
Four of our last duxes had better social lives than the kid with the wooden spoon.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Yeah, though I want to do Arts/Law or Political science/Law (international), not just arts.

HSC
N/A
I'm not struggling. Just really demotivated.
Okay,
but still, you dont actually need 'motivation' to do well in year 12, just study hard a few days before exams, anxienty will provide the motivation.

To the other person, re: arts..
It says alot about someone if they pay money to go an study 'arts' or 'international politics', or whatever. It's sad that people need to be 'taught' it, basically you instantly know they're not critical thinkers.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
wait - question,

say if you guys are perfectionists, would you actually be disappointed with 85% at uni?

OOOH, uni. I misread that as uai. I thought 85% uai.
Well, I'm not in uni yet so I don't know.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
o_O and are these the ones who end up being unemployed?
yeah i guess? depends tho - on your personality and what not.
Okay,
but still, you dont actually need 'motivation' to do well in year 12, just study hard a few days before exams, anxienty will provide the motivation.

It says alot about someone if they pay money to go an study 'arts' or 'international politics', or whatever. It's sad that people need to be 'taught' it, basically you instantly know they're not critical thinkers.
i think arts as a double degree would be good. it gives a break from hardcore degrees like engineering or sciences

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Okay,

Are you saying that law and political science does not use critical thinking? ................................................................

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
OOOH, uni. I misread that as uai. I thought 85% uai.
Well, I'm not in uni yet so I don't know.
oh right, if you were aiming high 90s at uni then i'd just laugh.

although, 85 uai is pretty disappointing (for my standards anyways, even if it still gets me in my course)

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Four of our last duxes had better social lives than the kid with the wooden spoon.
kid with the wooden spoon may have realized that your UAI/ATAR does not denote the kind of person you are, nor is it an indicator of success or happiness.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
kid with the wooden spoon may have realized that your UAI/ATAR does not denote the kind of person you are, nor is it an indicator of success or happiness.
Yeah, I agree. Everyone has their preferences. I'm batshit perfectionist and some people are really easygoing.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I agree. Everyone has their preferences. I'm batshit perfectionist and some people are really easygoing.
is it worth it? motivation is one thing but being hell bent on a perfect mark is a complete other.
in saying that i'm at the other end of the spectrum, kids get pissed when i beat them because i barely even go to school, its not even something i want, my school marks don't matter.

you need half of my apathy and i need half of your motivation.

Jaylee42003

HSC
is it worth it? motivation is one thing but being hell bent on a perfect mark is a complete other.
in saying that i'm at the other end of the spectrum, kids get pissed when i beat them because i barely even go to school, its not even something i want, my school marks don't matter.

you need half of my apathy and i need half of your motivation.
Trying to talk sense into a perfectionist is, well, a waste of pixels. But I like where your head is at :)

unano

HSC
sup jeee,

just curious
wat were ur marks for the school c considering that u 'killed it'.

also, i totally understand how u feel however, like someone said above, i use my so called 'failures' to spur me on and motivate me to come first next time rather than just giving up.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
sup jeee,

just curious
wat were ur marks for the school c considering that u 'killed it'.

also, i totally understand how u feel however, like someone said above, i use my so called 'failures' to spur me on and motivate me to come first next time rather than just giving up.
I got band sixes but I don't really recall the actual marks, they're somewhere in my wardrobe lol, but they were in the nineties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)