Hypothetical Belonging Related Text: The TV show "Community"? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing Catcher in the Rye at the moment for my related text and I'm probably not going to change this late, but hypothetically, would the show be a good related text? It's my favourite show on TV, there's heaps of themes woven into it and I know basically everything about it and can quote huge parts of it off the top of my head.

If I was going to do the whole TV show, i'd talk about how the classes are a metaphor for how everyone in the study group develops their sense of belonging to each other - Spanish: Learning to Communicate, Anthropology: Forming a "tribe", Biology: Learning to evolve. I could also talk about how their very narrow sense of belonging to each other has resulted in their isolation from everyone else. Good idea?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't do the entire tv show. Do an episode.

But even then, doing your favourite tv show is a pretty big risk. I know I could talk about 'not belonging' in pretty much every Survivor episode (especially getting voted out), but I'd worry about retelling rather than....explaining.

themanman

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Catcher in the Rye at the moment for my related text and I'm probably not going to change this late, but hypothetically, would the show be a good related text? It's my favourite show on TV, there's heaps of themes woven into it and I know basically everything about it and can quote huge parts of it off the top of my head.

If I was going to do the whole TV show, i'd talk about how the classes are a metaphor for how everyone in the study group develops their sense of belonging to each other - Spanish: Learning to Communicate, Anthropology: Forming a "tribe", Biology: Learning to evolve. I could also talk about how their very narrow sense of belonging to each other has resulted in their isolation from everyone else. Good idea?
wow thats a good text :O

NawandaCaos

HSC
Hey,

I'm doing an episode of community too: Introduction To Film Studies

I think you should do it! It's a really great text (and show :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)