• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hurricane Katrina (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

Cost of Iraq over how many years, including aid, deployment of troops, etc, etc. Keyword being "initial", evidently meaning more aid will be provided in light of the true extent of the disaster. That's 10.5 billion, not including the cost of rebuilding the city if/when they do.

Edit: The world contributed billions upon billions of dollars to Indonesia, much of which remains unused today. Mainly because money was contributed without knowing the full and exact extent of the disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
in reguards to hurricane katrina
yes i am going to relate all things back to religon
because i can and i will
its kinda freaky because in islam we have signs of the end of the world etc etc
and one of the last major signs is a tsunami or huge natural diaster in the east(indonesia etc) the west(america) and the middle east..(hasnt happened yet)
that is all... yay

K

katie_tully

Yeah because like, natural disasters are religious phenonemons .......

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
fuk i hope all those religious fanatics get their disasters , kills them all and we have sane people left who dont believe in this bullshit. yes saho thats you.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
soha said:
in reguards to hurricane katrina
yes i am going to relate all things back to religon
because i can and i will
and one of the last major signs is a tsunami or huge natural diaster in the east(indonesia etc) the west(america) and the middle east..(hasnt happened yet)
that is all... yay
several tsunamis and huge natural disasters have occured throughout history. eg: pompei ---> its even visually disasterous.

saying that its the sign of the end of the world is interesting, it could, I guess.

I could say they everytime I hiccup, it means that I'm closer to dying. Generally hiccups happen, and I AM closer to dying, but generally it doesn't flow.

I don't like the idea that people can say "hurricane katrina was an act of God to punish the gay people (even tho there are children and christian people)" or "hurricane katrina is a sign that the world is about to end"

I find "hurricane katrina is a result of a process where the water increases in temperature etc and is either caused by global warming etc" much more respectable, despite my religious background. Why? It's a SYSTEM, something that flows and can be fixed, controlled, or at least, avoided.

I'm a religious person too, but you have to remember to be logical too.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Why cant god control the conditions in which it was created? It's just as MAD as saying he did it in the first place

Comrade nathan

HSC
Serious Islam has that?

Your religion and every other religion that has existed.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
also when that guy said that new orleans is being effected due to alot of gay people living there. and gods angry. Why is Oxford street in sydney still exist then? i would have thought godzilla or some other disaster would have wipped that place out. Also didnt like adam and eve have two sons as children or sometihng. That means for humanity to exist there had to be abit of homosexual activity and some good old incest. And if u say that adam and eve is not to be taken litraly , but simply a metaphor , well fuck the bible, whats real and whats not. The whole bible is just a metaphor for wasting your life praying.

If these disasters are cuased by forces from above, hurry up and increaase your anger a notch, so ignorant believers can die already.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why do people attribute things like this as "signs of the inevitable" but when millions die in other countries it's an unimportant event?

Your God is so racist.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
The way I looked at this, is that God can intervene in any natural disaster through our prayers to Him. The Virgin Mary and Jesus have both, in recent messages, revealed to us that we are in the end times. Signs are already happening, but will increase when the "chip" is "introduced." I can see why people don't want to believe, but I really don't want to force people to. God gave you free will, and He respects that. We all have a right to choose our own path in life, whether it's religious or not, thus we are exercising our free will power.
jesus predicted end of the world? this was 2000 years ago. he is abit off, isnt he? i predict end of the world too , but maybe in a few milliuon years when the suns power becomes weak and earth will freeze over or some other scientific reason

jenni12345

Wow, nice to know there are so many people passionate about their religions. But whether or not God did it isn't really relevent and is an argument that could last for another 100 million years with us getting nowhere. I think that there is a much better debate existing right now...that is, should Australia be interfering to rescue all the other Australian tourists? There you go...argue about that for a while.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Get with the program

supercharged

HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
The way I looked at this, is that God can intervene in any natural disaster through our prayers to Him. The Virgin Mary and Jesus have both, in recent messages, revealed to us that we are in the end times. Signs are already happening, but will increase when the "chip" is "introduced." I can see why people don't want to believe, but I really don't want to force people to. God gave you free will, and He respects that. We all have a right to choose our own path in life, whether it's religious or not, thus we are exercising our free will power.
Call 000, someone's forgotten their brain medication and is throwing a fit on the floor whilst babling incoherently... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)