huge subject dilemma! (1 Viewer)

kiniki

HSC
so i've posted this in the HSC marks board because i'm choosing subjects around the ATAR I want to achieve.

anyways here's my problem

this year i'm doing 3 unit english, 3 unit maths, 1 unit of SOR I, 2 units of art, 2 units of chem and 2 units of modern. that in total is 13 units. but i'm doing an accelerated adv maths course.

for year 12 I want to drop art and pick up history and ext 2 english seeing as they are both my best subjects so i'm still going to have 13 units. i'll be redoing maths it seems because right now my rank is 47 i think and i'm basically not doing any study whatsoever for it, i didn't really see how useful it was going to be finishing maths this year until about a week ago!!

anyways i'm only dropping art because I want a bunch of free periods. i'm anticipating a heavy workload from the ext subjects. but i was talking to my english teacher (who is also my ext eng teacher and english coordinator) and she won't let me drop art in year 12 until after the half yearlys coz apparently my subject combination is 'dicey'

i understand her concern as i only have 9 units of solid, non-ext subjects and that i have a chance of bombing out. she kept saying that i'm not allowed at all to drop art until half yearlys but i haven't even spoken to the subject coordinator yet??
if i drop art, i think ill have a better chance of not bombing out coz i'll have heaps of spare time to do study and what the hell is the point of keeping on art when that means i'll have to start BOW that i'm not even going to finish!

btw, i'm doing 13 units coz ext maths and chemistry are my worst subjects so those extra 3, non accountable units my hsc will go towards them. and i can't drop chem coz i need it for Uni and ext maths will help my adv maths.

oh and also, my friend suggested i do this combination,
1 unit of ext maths (keep my very very shitty adv. maths mark from this year and let 2 of the non-counting units in the hsc go towards that)
2 units of chem
4 units of eng
3 units of modern
1 unit of SOR

this means that i will have so many free periods from not doing art and 2 unit maths (i will keep art to the half yearlys and drop it if this is the case too)

but it also means that i will have to get >90 in chemistry seeing as i'm aiming for 93 in the HSC and that reeeally freaks me out! and also, i could bomb out in either hist or ext 2 eng. and apparently heaps of people drop hist ext and then ill have 11 units and thats yeah, too scary.

so which is better? and is it a good idea to keep art till half yearlys in the 1st combination of subjects?

sorry if this is all a bit convoluted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)