HTC Touch HD: the true iPhone killer? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that does look cool, but it would be quite bulky due to that keyboard. looks a bit like the HTC Touch Pro, which i also dont like for that reason. then again, maybe it has an orsum cumera and will win me over that gay. price is really decent, too

johony

HSC
looks damn good.

good thing the release date is fairly close, unlike the half a year to 3 quarters of a year we usually expect with high end phones (x1, touch diamond).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you're a chick phone :( i wanna stick you in my vadge.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh fuck that's awesome. i wonder if it's even further upgradeable

edit: yes it can.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
politik said:
Runs WinMo. Only thing that could possibly tear me away from iPhone would be Android.
ever heard of SPB Mobile Shell? google it up, and you'll see what i mean, its an add on user interface for WinMo. Plus WinMo has sooooooooooooo many applications downloadable from the WWW, and also its experienced in the field of mobile OS, unlike *cough*android*cough*, plus the imminent release of WinMo 7 should be pretty interesting

stazi

Nightman
HSC
electrolysis said:
ever heard of SPB Mobile Shell? google it up, and you'll see what i mean, its an add on user interface for WinMo. Plus WinMo has sooooooooooooo many applications downloadable from the WWW, and also its experienced in the field of mobile OS, unlike *cough*android*cough*, plus the imminent release of WinMo 7 should be pretty interesting
stfu. ima lick ur arsehole so much until u start screaming. then i tear your anal hair out one by one after i set them on fire, with my teeth

coz ur azn.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
stazi said:
stfu. ima lick ur arsehole so much until u start screaming. then i tear your anal hair out one by one after i set them on fire, with my teeth

coz ur azn.
ouch...
what beautiful imagery lol

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I have the Touch Diamond which I am very pleased with. Bought it outright shortly after release and put it on a post-paid three plan (no lock-in but required to add a data-package). My only complaint would be that whilst the screen is excellent it is a bit small, on that basis this looks like an excellent phone. I shouldn't buy a new one just yet though...

For those who want to run Android I'm certain that this phone will, and it's also possible on the Touch Diamond. Remember that HTC makes the 'Android Phone' for T-Mobile (forget the real name).

Note the X1 is also built by HTC, unfortunately afflicted by the same problem as the Touch Pro - way to thick for my liking.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I have the Touch Diamond which I am very pleased with. Bought it outright shortly after release and put it on a post-paid three plan (no lock-in but required to add a data-package). My only complaint would be that whilst the screen is excellent it is a bit small, on that basis this looks like an excellent phone. I shouldn't buy a new one just yet though...

For those who want to run Android I'm certain that this phone will, and it's also possible on the Touch Diamond. Remember that HTC makes the 'Android Phone' for T-Mobile (forget the real name).

Note the X1 is also built by HTC, unfortunately afflicted by the same problem as the Touch Pro - way to thick for my liking.
its called the G1, exclusive with T-Mobile in the US of A.

its been quite slow for Android in the market, considering recently released stats show it being outsold to the iphone 5 to 1, however 2009 is meant to be a year of many new android phones, which currently being set back partly due to the current economic state and also because it hasnt been getting much praise, people prefer the iphone as stats show

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
its called the G1, exclusive with T-Mobile in the US of A.

its been quite slow for Android in the market, considering recently released stats show it being outsold to the iphone 5 to 1, however 2009 is meant to be a year of many new android phones, which currently being set back partly due to the current economic state and also because it hasnt been getting much praise, people prefer the iphone as stats show
The G1 is just T-Mobile's name for it. The phone is the HTC Dream.

Earlier the idea of importing phones was mentioned e.g. buying online from an overseas store/ebay. A word of caution for people considering this:

The 3G mobile networks in Australia operate on a variety of different frequencies, as do foreign networks. Phones support a limited number of frequencies and the chosen frequencies often vary based on the market. All of which means that a phone bought from an Asian ebay store may not work with your chosen mobile phone carrier in Australia.

Telstra NextG is on UMTS850Mhz (from April(?) 3 mobile customers will also have access to this)
3Mobile and Telstra 3G share a UMTS2100MHz network in urban areas
Optus and Vodafone also operate a UMTS2100Mhz network in urban areas
Optus and Vodafone are rolling out a UMTS900Mhz 3G network in non-urban areas

Asian and European handsets will typically support 900/2100 and US handsets 850/2100 - though there is no hard and fast rule.

For example Touch Diamonds bought from Asia will not work on Telstra NextG and the Blackberry Storm is only available in 2100Mhz restricting it to urban areas.

Note: Virtually all smartphones will be quad-band GSM phones, this means that they will work on 2G anywhere in the world e.g. phone calls. But 2G (even with GPRS/EDGE) will not internet browsing get you...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Nope but a phone which works on one will work on the other. Also I have heard (though can't confirm) that the 2100Mhz is shared and they just broadcast two network ids to make it straight forward for customers.

r3dn1t3

HSC
The HTC touch is nothing special. Why? No Paid applications, the iPhone wins hands down due to the App Store. Jailbreak your iPhone and you have everything a phone is supposed to do.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yeah thats what I often think my Touch Diamond is missing, paid applications. Because I love to pay for software....

The HTC's run Windows Mobile 6.1, I assure you that there is no shortage of paid (and even free *gasp* applications out there).

kleintng

HSC
Has any of you who is criticizing WM actually put a hand on it or ever tried WM, iphone and android at the same time? None, i guess.
So dont start complaining about anything you know shit about. People will look at you and just ROFL.
Since the thread is asking if Touch HD is the true iphone killer, let me share some ideas.
- whatever "amazing thing" can be done on iphone CAN be done on touch HD, but are things on touch HD can be implimented on iphone? NO. The only thing iphone is capable of and touch HD isnt: multi touch, or zooming or panning. If you buy the phone because of this, go ahead with the iphone (Andriod can, but apple is agaisnt it and if you read about IT, you know the case).
- iphone has A-class GPS but you need wifi to see where you are. Touch HD also has A-class GPS but you can install Tomtom or Copilot or any other navigation software to really navigate.
- HD has FM radio and iphone doesnt.
- iphone has 3.5" screen and HD has 3.8" no difference
- Touch HD camera sucks big but iphone camera is not any better, forget about the camera.
- If you need to read ebooks on your fone, WM is perfect as you can use mobi pocket reader, or even ms reader. With iphone, its the pain in the arse if you want to read ebook or even pdf.
- For business people, you can use Blackberry connect with HD, but you simply dont have it with Iphone.
- Iphone has Accelerometer sensor, Touch HD also has. The Accelerometer sensor for iphone only works in viewing picture and web browsing while that of Touch HD can be done anywhere you want. (simply face the HD down, it turns off, or when you have a call, and you dont want to pick up, face it down again, it will shut up)
- Iphone has A2DP (music over bluetooth) but you need to hack it and it gives crackling quality. Touch HD has built in profile.
Just to wrap it up, HTC has been manufacturing PDA for years, MS has WM OS for years and Apple, years as well (2 years)
Well see it for yourself and start your comments.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)