HSC Tutor - 99.95 - English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry + IPT (1 Viewer)

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
HSC Tutor

Subjects

maths (up to 4 units)

physics

chemistry

english (up to 3 units)

IPT

Hi, I am an ex-north sydney girl and was Dux of my year out of a candidature of 165. I am currently on University of Sydney's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship studying a combined Commerce/Laws degree. I have been tutoring since I graduated and am currently looking for new student intakes for this year. I believe that I will be able to offer what most students are looking for - being a relatively recent graduate myself, I find that my students are more able to relate to my explanations of the theories and principles of the HSC course better than perhaps a professional lecturer.

I am very dedicated to my students because I understand how important this stage in your secondary education is but I do expect 100% dedication and commitment from you also. I do have high expectations and there will be a lot of hard work from you involved but that is what I believe has made me and my students so successful in the HSC, and what I believe most students need. Everyone has the potential to do well but just need that extra push in the right direction - someone to direct your learning and if need be, force you to do the necessary work so that you can fulfill that potential.

So if you are interested, just send me an email or call me on 0433 098 828 and we can sort out the details.

NB in terms of location and cost, I usually tutor in the lower north shore area or in the City but am willing to travel to a limited extent. I charge $40 per hour but after a trial lesson, you will come to see that I am worth it - I offer the first lesson for $30 per hour so you can decide for yourself.

______________________________________________________________​

Credentials

Maths
ranked 1st in grade for 3 and 4 unit combined
UNSW Prize in Mathematics
Mark - 97

Chemistry
ranked 2nd in grade​
NSGHS Chemistry Award in 2005 and 2006
Mark - 96

Physics
ranked 1st in grade
NSGHS Physics Prize
Mark - 97​

English
ranked 4th in grade out of a candidature of 165
Mark - 96

IPT
ranked 1st in grade
NSGHS IPT Prize
HSC Mark - 95​

UAI - 99.95

Last edited:

genn89

HSC
Hi,

Do you think you can do it cheaper? Me and my friends have just started Year 12 work this term and are looking for a tutor in Physics, Chem and Maths. Is it possible for a discount for group sessions? There's about 4 or 5 of us?

Genn

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
Genn,

I am able to offer group sessions but the pricing will vary for the number of students attending - as an estimate I can probably do about $15-20 per hour per student. If you can email or call me with the exact details and travel needs, we can talk about it more precisely.

Also, are all your friends studying the same courses, electives and options as well as the same number of units (for instance maths)? It would be very difficult to organise if everyone did different things if you understand my meaning.

Last edited:

genn89

HSC
emailed you

and yes, all of us are doing physics, chemistry and 4 unit maths

:)

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
Velox

I meant $20 per student for a group of around 3 = $60 per hour
and $15 per student for group of around 4-5 = $60-75 per hour

And I think you will find that this rate is around double my going rate for one-on-one tuition which is reasonable. I do not know whether you have had any experience tutoring but when managing groups, a lot more time and preparation is needed for each session as well as more materials in terms of notes and tests involved. Venue also becomes a problem so I would need to pay to hire a classroom in a nearby school facility instead of operating in a local library free of charge. So, to me, the prices I charge for group sessions is quite good value for money.

And no, I am not doing commerce at uni.

Last edited:

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
I seem to have forgotten to include my mobile number in the contact details provided above but any interested parties can also contact me on: 0424 362 350

cruzer

HSC
Woah shit, nice, smart girl.

Hey did you come 1st in both 3U AND 4U??

o_O hardcore, so did you do any international maths olympiad stuff?

atittude_

HSC
heiya

everyone i seriously recommend this chick - she is super smart and unlike so many others, she can actually make ppl as stupid as me understand what everything means. if ur asking how i know, she tutored me this year and from my school marks, i totally rocked the hsc and am heading for a UAI of 99+ from my initial year 11 estimate of 96 - law at UNSW here i come!!!

worth every penny :) (or should i say dollar?)

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
Thanks cruzer,

Btw, I received the combined 3U + 4U prize but the school had a separate prize just for students who did 3U or it would not have been fair.

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
Hey atittude

How did you do in your exams? Give me a call when you get your results for Physics, Chemistry and Maths ok? I am so excited for you...told you that if you put your mind into it you could get what you wanted!

Well Done!

jie-gao

HSC
I second cruzer man!

Holy crap! U did reeeaalllly well girl!

Congrats!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hmmm, impressive indeed--well done! Just out of interest, were you the top UAI at your school? And what course are you doing now?

HSC Tutoring

HSC
N/A
Re: darksouljah

Liverpool is too far away from where I live and normally tutor so it may not be practical - however if you are willing to travel to a location within a more reasonable distance such as the city or strathfield I will be able to offer you tuition.

Never-the-less I wish you luck in your upcoming HSC and hope that you find a tutor that will satisfy your needs soon! :)

cliffary

HSC
hey there - thanks for replying. Well I'm very interested in being tutored. Yes, I'm willing to travel to strathfield library as I got to Homebush Boys High School, and is just down the library.

Do you have MSN to discuss things more readily and easier?

Thanks

andy.B

HSC
Re: HSC Tutor - 99.95 - English!!!

Hi,

I am interested in tutoring for HSC Advanced English course.
what is the cost of each session?
How long does each session run for?
When can we start?

please write back soon... thankyou

Andy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)