• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC SUBJECTS :) (will be graduating in 2015) (1 Viewer)

angela_12

HSC
Hi guys, I'm currently in a bit of a dilemma here because I don't know if I should take up history extension

I'm currently have 12 units and I do these subjects:
- Adv English
- SOR 2
- PDHPE
- Legal Studies
- Society and Culture
- Ancient History

I would be having 11 units if I drop PDHPE or 13 units if I take up his ext.
I really want an 80+ ATAR but I'm scared that I won't be able to get it. If any of you have past papers please share :) & any useful tips that can help me excel.

angela_12

HSC
True, that would work but I feel like in doing pretty well in that subject but I would hate to move classes and have a new teacher.

angela_12

HSC
That'd be too risky ... It's not recommended to have 10 units because you really have to excel in them with like no faults.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Like faisalalallalallalalla once said you'll be spending hours on end on an additional subject that won't go towards anything in the end

On top of that if you do have 10 units you have more time to focus on those subjects because of more free periods, you don't have to study for an extra subject, etc. meaning that you're less likely to screw up in your 10 units of subjects

angela_12

HSC
That's true, but I'd rather do 12 units even if one doesn't count as long as I do well in the other subjects I'll be happy ... I'm just hoping that I'll get an 80+ ATAR. BUT, I think having 10 units isn't that bad however the person that handles subject selections and anything related to the HSC doesn't let anyone drop to 10 units.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)