HSC Subject Help (12 units or 10 units?) (1 Viewer)

Zorren

HSC
Hey Guys,

So for year 12 I've had a hard time trying to decide whether to keep 12 units or move to 10 units. I've had mixed opinions from many of my teachers and after switching continually from "Yes! I'm going to keep my extra two units" to "no way I should focus on 10". I think it's about time I get some more advice. My subjects are:

• Advanced English
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Extension 1 Maths
  • Extension 2 Maths
  • and Society and Culture <--- Not sure whether to keep this

I'm not sure whether to drop society and culture and just focus on my 10 units or keep it. I had my mind set on dropping it over the holidays but got quite a talking to by the head teacher of HSIE (saying I'm a good writer and guaranteed band 6) and others have suggested that dropping to 10 is dangerous, I also feel as though I could get a very high mark in society but at the same time I worried that by working on the PIP and trying to research for it will consume to much time. I just don't want it to affect Extension 2 Maths.

Extension 2 Math is definitely something I don't want to drop and want to pursue (especially for my future), although I only got in the 70's for my ext 1 test I feel as though it was a result of me being quite lazy and leaving all my study to the last minute, we also have a brilliant teacher too.

Any help on what to do would be appreciated!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If you're confident in all your other subjects then drop society and culture because you'll spend more time studying for it when you could be studying for Extension 2

If not then keep society and culture and see how you handle the workload. If you struggle to handle the workload then you should drop society and culture.

If you want to wait even longer just wait until your first round of assessment tasks and see whether holding onto society and culture is affecting your performance in other subjects or not

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I think the best option would be to keep society and culture for the time being and see how you handle the work load, if you find that you can cope with the workload from 4u along with society then go along with 12 eitherwise you can always drop.

siggy

HSC
In the exact same boat, made a similar thread...

Zorren

HSC
Thanks a bunch for the input Crisium and Justem, both pieces of feedback will definitely help me make my decision. It looks like I may just start with Society at the moment and see how it goes...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait and see.. If you start struggling drop CAFS

turntaker

HSC
Zorren just drop it plz. Society is boring.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
you wait until you have 2 units that are clearly the worst for you. then you make your decision (personally, i didn't drop to 10 until a week before trials (i dropped legal)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)