HSC students to get results by SMS (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
From memory bos put up another server due to it getting clogged up. Cant remember if it was them or UAC, might have been both. I know that I got on pretty much straight away for both UAC and bos

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
UAc put up a 2nd server, from what I remember

not sure about BOS

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If you inbox is full your phone won't accept the message till you make space, I thought?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I'm def getting mine by SMS as I'm going overseas that day
Just lets hope it won't be a too depressing holiday :eek:

Lanz122

....so you wake up from being hungover lol...think yay i got an sms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check it and then realize its from the board fo studies.....what an exciting sms :s

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
"Registration for the SMS results service opens on November 7. In 1999, when they were first delivered on the internet, 15,000 students had their results by 1pm. Last year, 68,573 had their results by 10am." - Today's SMH

" Release of results by SMS text message – 1977 2346

* Students who want to automatically receive their HSC results by SMS can pre-register for the SMS service by text-messaging their student number and PIN to 1977 2346.
* A return text message to the student confirms that they have registered for the service and the results will be sent to their mobile phone at approximately 6 am on 16 December.
* Students who do not pre-register can still get their results by SMS by messaging their student number and PIN to the service after 6 am on 16 December.
* Students should check that their phone is in credit, that they have Premium rate access on their phone, and that there is room for messages in their phone’s inbox.
* The SMS service charge is a flat rate of $1.10.

-BOS media Guide

frootloop

HSC
Rafy said:
"Registration for the SMS results service opens on November 7. In 1999, when they were first delivered on the internet, 15,000 students had their results by 1pm. Last year, 68,573 had their results by 10am." - Today's SMH
Oh no! I feel really stupid now. I just 'registered'- well I sent an SMS to the number. I was looking at that web page and I couldn't see a date for when the service opened/started so I just figured that when they put that page up the lines were open for the service. Damn. That's like 55c down the drain- yes I'm cheap :rolleyes:

I decided that the student online site would be really busy and I wouldn't be able to get in on the day so SMS seemed like a good idea.

*sigh* How stupid am I?

saschy

HSC
iambored said:
that's so funny, the 'traditional way' on the 'net' :)
my dad reckons that when he did it like 20 yrs ago they just used to publish every1s results in the paper (SMH i think) by their school...but when he did it it was also out of 500 so yeah...

also can we still get it texted if we are on prepay??i usually get a vodafone cap....and do they also txt ur UAI or is that seperate??..another question im doin da hsc over 2 yrs so does that mean i will get half my results and half my uai or what??like nobody at my skl can say coz we r the 1st yr 2 do it like this....

newayz gud luck!!!!

Jinpoo

HSC
sms ftw. if im unhappy with my uai, i can just reply saying "wtflol nowaiiiii" and then delete the sms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)