HSC stress (1 Viewer)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
whos starting to feel the stress/pressure of performing in the HSC setting in?
personally its been growing like crazy...and starting to affect my performance
whos got some tips to control stress & how to block out stress while in the exam room?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Nope.

I don't really get stressed about my HSC, nor do I have issues concentrating in exams. The only reason I feel this way is because I have a total absence of pressure put on me, except by myself, to perform. My school isn't particularly exemplary in the grades department and I only need an ATAR of about.... 76-79 to get into the course I want. (with bonus points) So basically, I don't even need to study for the rest of the year and I can get that. This is particularly why I don't really mind.

Basically, just calm down. Try and realise that the HSC isn't the be all and end all of your life. Even if you don't get the course you want straight away, there are pathways around it. Take it easy, study efficiently and just do the best you can.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
ah fair enough
yeah haha thats what ive been telling myself lately as i have high expectations of myself
and lucky you.

00acissej

HSC
yea, im feeling the stress too.

And it's not just because of my high expectations. The people in my life expect me to achieve a high atar, and i feel that i can't let them down.

so the stress in inevitable.

i hate the hsc.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
what do you expect from people who want do good in their hsc?

forbidden01

HSC
yeh but what are you gna do? lifes a bitch, be its pimp

hahhahaa love this...i'm going to steal this quote ;) hahaha nahh it makes perfect stress

by stressing, your wasting your time, because stress can make you forget your shit...so what's the point ?

i say...stay cool soda pop ;D it'll all work out better than great :)

GTwin

HSC
What makes it terrible for me is that my school is ranked so crap. The highest ATAR for last year's yr 12 was only in the high 70's. So that is an extremely depressing thought for me.

forbidden01

HSC
What makes it terrible for me is that my school is ranked so crap. The highest ATAR for last year's yr 12 was only in the high 70's. So that is an extremely depressing thought for me.
well you can always be better than the last person...you just have to put your mind to it and try your hardest...

my school is in a really shitty area, but surprisingly we do alright...

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
making it more worse is that is the exam i was most confident coming out of
ouch man...ive made the stupidest errors in some of my exams, which pisses me off cos the rankings are so close it pushes me down heaps :vcross:

im sure youll make it up in your trials though

twistedrebel

HSC
ouch man...ive made the stupidest errors in some of my exams, which pisses me off cos the rankings are so close it pushes me down heaps :vcross:

im sure youll make it up in your trials though
yeah, the closeness of marks is crazy for some subjects. Hopefully i can do enough in trials to claw back the ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)