HSC Physics (1 Viewer)

alldaybaby

HSC
Hey Guys,

I am coming to the end of year 11 and making a choice on which subject I want to drop.... I haven't been that applied in physics this year but have changed my mindset and am now keen to do it next year. I was wondering is it possible to catch up and do well in the HSC with average results in year 11.... I am doing extremely well in chemistry and 2unit and extension maths, if that means anything.

Please your opinion would be appreciated a lot : )

thanks in advance

Freshman

HSC
well prelim doesnt really have any direct impact upon your marks in hsc, but if you completely didnt get any of physics in prelim, u might be in trouble.

if you dont really need the subject, and arent really doing well, its better to drop i think, or you may regret it
(if u think u will regret dropping it tho, pay no attention to this)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Really, in Physics, it is moreso application than ability which determines how well you will go. Last year, i had some extremely smart students who were not all that applied and some not so bright students who studied continuously. One of the bright students ended up getting a high Band 4 (79) and the not as bright, but more conscientious student got band 6 (90). The student who got 90 really was not applying himself fully in year 11 and only started applying himself the second Term of year 12. If you have both, even if you were not applied in year 11, it doesn't mean you will not do well in year 12 as they are two distinct courses (although all year 11 material is "assumed knowledge" for the year 12 course) the material really is not all that hard. If you are doing well in chem and maths, and you apply yourself in Physics, you should do well.

I'd say do it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)