HSC Physics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

NoUsername

HSC
Also for question 17, what was the answer? I think I may have got this wrong, as I said D because the speed must be constant so it travels the same distance in the same time. I thought B and C were wrong because it should be the opposite, and A is obviously wrong.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Wait... it was
Also for question 17, what was the answer? I think I may have got this wrong, as I said D because the speed must be constant so it travels the same distance in the same time. I thought B and C were wrong because it should be the opposite, and A is obviously wrong.
its C. Relativity of simultaneity, X sees the beam travel at c and Y at 1.95c that’s time dilation

henry_1234

HSC
I thought C cause the back of the train moves towards the light but idk

NoUsername

HSC
Wait... it was

its C. Relativity of simultaneity, X sees the beam travel at c and Y at 1.95c that’s time dilation
Isn't X within the inertial frame so that time is t0, while Y observes t, which is greater than t0, so it takes longer for Y? I just don't understand this question

HSC
Fingers crossed, if state rank cutoff falls below a 95 I reckon I could have a decent shot. Anyone have predictions for what mark they’re feeling before answers come out?
i feel good enough rn too
made quite a few mc silly mistakes (3-4 im guessing at least) but apart from that i may have lost 2-4 marks in the rest of the paper, it felt good and i had time to take a piss after too

Esdog07

HSC
I think I said withdraw the rods. The questions says the liquid slows down neutrons to increase the rate of fission (this part doesn't make sense to me, though) so if the liquid leaks, to compensate, you need to do something to increase the rate. As the rods absorb neutrons, they slow the rate, so I think it was A, at least that's what I said
I put A – withdraw the rods.

Its true that rods absorb the neutrons and the question states that the moderator increases the rate of fission. So putting the control the rods further into the reactor core would cause more neutrons to be absorbed while withdrawing them will cause fewer neutrons to be absorbed, thus increasing rate of fission

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
i feel good enough rn too
made quite a few mc silly mistakes (3-4 im guessing at least) but apart from that i may have lost 2-4 marks in the rest of the paper, it felt good and i had time to take a piss after too
Yeah the multi’s threw me, I think I’m looking at a 17, cause I got the fission one, the Hertzprung one and the Io one all wrong :(
Rest of paper was heaps breezy though. Hopefully looking at a 95+ (Hopefully

NN03

HSC
I put A – withdraw the rods.

Its true that rods absorb the neutrons and the question states that the moderator increases the rate of fission. So putting the control the rods further into the reactor core would cause more neutrons to be absorbed while withdrawing them will cause fewer neutrons to be absorbed, thus increasing rate of fission
Could D (reduce the temp of coolant before pumping into core) be a viable option as lower temperatures lower the kinetic energy of the ejected neutrons, thus slowing them down indirectly?

HSC
A – you don't need brushes in ac induction motor.
Thats why it is a frictionless motor
yeah you dont need brushes for the rotor but you dont even need an electric current (*applied to the rotor*) so it could be d

ktbffh11

HSC
A – you don't need brushes in ac induction motor.
Thats why it is a frictionless motor
nah not true - it's definitely D. the current in the rotor is induced - brushes are used to provide current to the stator that creates a rotating magnetic field

Xanthi

HSC
nah not true - it's definitely D. the current in the rotor is induced - brushes are used to provide current to the stator that creates a rotating magnetic field
Yes!!!! I did D, was so scared

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
You don’t need brushes in an AC motor if you’re talking about question 2. You do need a stator coil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)