HSC Physics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

black.mamba

HSC
i said the same but others said special relativity doesn't apply when gravity is involved i think?
yeah
"Special relativity applies to all physical phenomena in the absence of gravity" according to wikipedia
would non-relativistic speeds get the mark?

Fabrizio

HSC
For the last question was it a) 1/2 for q1 and 3/4 for q2 and then b) square root of 6

NoUsername

HSC
Also what were the limitations of using special relativity? I said since it was moving slowly, it didn't really effect it and that it was non-inertial. I think the former's a bit of a stretch though

Fabrizio

HSC
Also what were the limitations of using special relativity? I said since it was moving slowly, it didn't really effect it and that it was non-inertial. I think the former's a bit of a stretch though
2nd one is 100% right. First one is a maybe depending on how hard they mark

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Yeah, non inertial was one and I also said the effect would be negligible since it isn’t travelling at relativistic speeds hence would be ineffective in analysis of motion

NoUsername

HSC
Have we agreed on anything for the Hertsprung-Russel diagram? I think I said age, because colour and luminosity are the values on the axis, so there's variation and there's stars with the same colour but different luminosity, so their surface area, and resultantly mass, must be different?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Have we agreed on anything for the Hertsprung-Russel diagram? I think I said age, because colour and luminosity are the values on the axis, so there's variation and there's stars with the same colour but different luminosity, so their surface area, and resultantly mass, must be different?
I said mass. Didn’t have much reasoning though just a guess between mass and age 😂

Althacommie

HSC
It's age because the question established that all the stars were X amount of light years away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)