HSC Physics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Fabrizio

HSC
Have we agreed on anything for the Hertsprung-Russel diagram? I think I said age, because colour and luminosity are the values on the axis, so there's variation and there's stars with the same colour but different luminosity, so their surface area, and resultantly mass, must be different?
Im confident that my teacher is right and its age. I stupidly put luminosity because i kept on second guessing my self on absolute magnitude being mass and then it would be luminosity was constant because as the star got bigger it emmited more energy

NoUsername

HSC
I think I may be able to scrape in 95 raw marks for this one, if all goes well and the marking is easy. What HSC mark do y'all think that may align to. I really need this exam to pull up my atar, so I'm hoping maybe 97-98?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
I think I may be able to scrape in 95 raw marks for this one, if all goes well and the marking is easy. What HSC mark do y'all think that may align to. I really need this exam to pull up my atar, so I'm hoping maybe 97-98?
Crikey! That’s good form not gonna lie

Fabrizio

HSC
Well done. I think i made like 4 stupid mistakes in multiple choice. So i doubt i will get into 90s

Fabrizio

HSC
For the 9 marker what "quantitative" analysis did you do?

Althacommie

HSC
I'm not really good at explaining it, but basically what my teacher said was that the further something is in light years is the older it is... So basically if they are all equally further away in light years then they're the same age? I think thats what they were on about

NoUsername

HSC
For the 9 marker what "quantitative" analysis did you do?
I basically used the suvat equations to determine its speed as it entered the cylinder, which was like 3ms-1, and then said as displacement varies linearly inside the tube, the velocity is constant so the net force exerted on the magnets is equal to gravity meaning its 9.8ms-2, which makes the force like whatever the weight was times by this. I didn't go to far in depth, just talked about the mian three, velocity, displacement and acceleration before and inside the tube.

henry_1234

HSC
Have we agreed on anything for the Hertsprung-Russel diagram? I think I said age, because colour and luminosity are the values on the axis, so there's variation and there's stars with the same colour but different luminosity, so their surface area, and resultantly mass, must be different?
It's definitely age. A globular cluster is defined as a group of old stars. Not in the syllabus but I think the idea was to get there by process of elimination.

Fabrizio

HSC
I basically used the suvat equations to determine its speed as it entered the cylinder, which was like 3ms-1, and then said as displacement varies linearly inside the tube, the velocity is constant so the net force exerted on the magnets is equal to gravity meaning its 9.8ms-2, which makes the force like whatever the weight was times by this. I didn't go to far in depth, just talked about the mian three, velocity, displacement and acceleration before and inside the tube.
Fuck sake. Thats exactly what i wanted to do and then relate the force produced to the energy induced but i didnt realise the acceleration was 0 in the coil so i spent 10 mins trying to figure out why the equation kept giving the acceleration as more

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Fuck sake. Thats exactly what i wanted to do and then relate the force produced to the energy induced but i didnt realise the acceleration was 0 in the coil so i spent 10 mins trying to figure out why the equation kept giving the acceleration as more
Bummer

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Yooo, chem on monday. Gon be a sad, busy weekend, but hopefully I can scrape in another 95+ if I do enough past papers lol. All my friends are finished for good, except me 🙄
Aye same lad. Are you going for med at UNSW? Forreal your situation sounds like mine where you need a 99 😂

NoUsername

HSC
Aye same lad. Are you going for med at UNSW? Forreal your situation sounds like mine where you need a 99 😂
No, I'm not, science degree lol, I don't think I'll manage a 99, given my other exams, but chem's my best subject so it should pull me up. Good luck in your 99 😛

NoUsername

HSC
Wait... it was lower the rods, right?
I think I said withdraw the rods. The questions says the liquid slows down neutrons to increase the rate of fission (this part doesn't make sense to me, though) so if the liquid leaks, to compensate, you need to do something to increase the rate. As the rods absorb neutrons, they slow the rate, so I think it was A, at least that's what I said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)