HSC Papers- marks. (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread makes me feel stupid. If all the 4unit students are getting marks like you guys I'm definetly screwed for the HSC.

-Onlooker-

HSC
1993, 1999-2008

93: 100/120
99: 119/120
00: 112-120
01: 107-120
02: 110/120
03: 101-120
04: 98/120 :cry: (first one i sat)
05: 107/120
06: 111/120
07: 117/120
08: 111/120
Damn impressive. Keep it up.

As for the others, 100+ in any HSC paper (except maybe 07) is a fair effort.

To the people wondering how these marks get alligned, generally it's something like this:

Raw Mark(%) HSC mark
65-70 [90]
75 [92-94]
80 [95-96]
90 [98+]

(Based on guesses, past performances of friends, etc etc etc; Also subject to change depending on exam difficulties )

It gets pretty ridicolous towards the end ( After you've exceeded 85% raw, 10% higher in the exam could only equate to 1/2/3 extra HSC exam marks; that's alligning alright )

Nevertheless, everyone here seems to be going great (even people in the 80-90 range, you can expect a Band E4 )

Valupatitta

HSC
This thread makes me feel stupid. If all the 4unit students are getting marks like you guys I'm definetly screwed for the HSC.
dont worry i dont even pass any of these hsc papers im more screwed than u :angel:

-Onlooker-

HSC
dont worry i dont even pass any of these hsc papers im more screwed than u :angel:

If you're acing youre other subjects you needn't worry.

A pass in the HSC exam ( 60/120 ) would equate to I'll say 75-80 HSC mark.

With 4unit, the scaling is pretty damn impressive; so the number of aggregates you get for the 80 HSC mark would be similar to the number of aggregates you get for lets say a 90 in modern history ( ~ figures)

with that in mind, every mark you get after that 60/120 is crucial; For example, if you can push that upto let's say 70/120 you can be looking at 87ish. Keep going at it, I'm sure you'll get there.

Best of luck.

Valupatitta

HSC
If you're acing youre other subjects you needn't worry.

A pass in the HSC exam ( 60/120 ) would equate to I'll say 75-80 HSC mark.

With 4unit, the scaling is pretty damn impressive; so the number of aggregates you get for the 80 HSC mark would be similar to the number of aggregates you get for lets say a 90 in modern history ( ~ figures)

with that in mind, every mark you get after that 60/120 is crucial; For example, if you can push that upto let's say 70/120 you can be looking at 87ish. Keep going at it, I'm sure you'll get there.

Best of luck.
thanks for the comfort :p i'll try my best :)

h3ll h0und

HSC
wow these marks are impressive...do u guys normally finish in time to check over your work/finish the paper?

lychnobity

HSC
wow these marks are impressive...do u guys normally finish in time to check over your work/finish the paper?
Finish mostly within the time limit

When I do finish, I tend to have about 15 mins left, but when I first started, I could barely finish - needed about 20 extra minutes.

h3ll h0und

HSC
Finish mostly within the time limit

When I do finish, I tend to have about 15 mins left, but when I first started, I could barely finish - needed about 20 extra minutes.
is 15 minutes enough to chek over all ur work?

-Onlooker-

HSC
Checking over youre work in ext 2 is usually useless and in most cases extremely tedious.

Most Q's are show that Q's, and Q's you don't get the GYST of straight away, it's most likely you still won't get it after spending an extra 10 or so minutes on it.

However, the earlier Q's ( Integration, complex) are 'HIGHLY checkable'. I reckon spend 5-10 minutes checking them.

lychnobity

HSC
For checking, 15 is ok, but not enough. 20 mins would be ideal

Checking over youre work in ext 2 is usually useless and in most cases extremely tedious.

Most Q's are show that Q's, and Q's you don't get the GYST of straight away, it's most likely you still won't get it after spending an extra 10 or so minutes on it.

However, the earlier Q's ( Integration, complex) are 'HIGHLY checkable'. I reckon spend 5-10 minutes checking them.

+1

Questions 1-6 are usually do-able, so if I have to rush, I only check those ones, and the beginning of 7&8.

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
if u cant chek alot of the questions...how do u prevent silly mistakes?

lychnobity

HSC
By not making them in the first place. Don't make writing errors (eg writing x instead of y, or 2 instead of 5)

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Take it SLOW. All my mistakes are because I skip steps in the algebra or miscalculate fractions. A missed negative sign in resisted motion means the whole thing falls apart!

I often start questions too soon as well, rushing into a circular geometery question or probability one and having to backtrack.

Conceptual mistakes/not answering the question are the real silly mistakes, not giving the equation of a line but just the gradient etc..

Does anyone have any tips for getting marks in questions 7 and 8? I usually have 20mins to attempt them, sticking to geometry and inequalities, and trying for easy 1 markers.

h3ll h0und

HSC
Take it SLOW. All my mistakes are because I skip steps in the algebra or miscalculate fractions. A missed negative sign in resisted motion means the whole thing falls apart!

I often start questions too soon as well, rushing into a circular geometery question or probability one and having to backtrack.

Conceptual mistakes/not answering the question are the real silly mistakes, not giving the equation of a line but just the gradient etc..

Does anyone have any tips for getting marks in questions 7 and 8? I usually have 20mins to attempt them, sticking to geometry and inequalities, and trying for easy 1 markers.
but if you take it slow won't you run out of time? i heard that you hav to work really fast in extension 2 maths exams?

h3ll h0und

HSC

if they hav hard math induction question at least prove for base case and assume true for n=k etc etc...shud get u a couple of marks =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)