Hsc marking. (1 Viewer)

juliastegner

HSC
In economics for example , in your essays do they check over every statistic in your essay? I had statistics but they werent 100% accurate , just a ' round about' for my essays in trials and they didnt pick up on it but I'm scared they will in the actual hsc T_T

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
If your statistics are at least in the vicinity of the correct figure, there is no issue so I wouldn't worry too much.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As the markers only get about 4 - 5 minutes to mark each essay the simple answer is probably not. They may however have a sheet with relevant statistics on them for their own reference.

jamesfirst

HSC
I don't think any subject that require you to put down statistics really need to be specific...

Like Science or SOR

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
if they are obvious, common figures such as unemp, inflation, eco growth etc, you may get marked down

Aindan

HSC
yeah i got marked down in one of my economics essays because my stats were a 'little inaccurate', they weren't that off though, +/- 0.5% off for quite obscure ones. And the teacher who marks it marks HSC, and he's generally regarded as being pretty fair indication of how the marking centre marks (lol i feel like i've said 'mark' so many times). So yes, it could be an issue. But hey, it won't take long to memorise a few stats.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
yeah i got marked down in one of my economics essays because my stats were a 'little inaccurate', they weren't that off though, +/- 0.5% off for quite obscure ones. And the teacher who marks it marks HSC, and he's generally regarded as being pretty fair indication of how the marking centre marks (lol i feel like i've said 'mark' so many times). So yes, it could be an issue. But hey, it won't take long to memorise a few stats.
That's quite unlucky for you, and extremely harsh. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)