HSC mark (1 Viewer)

asroma15

HSC
N/A
hypothetically, is it possible to get a final HSC mark of 90 in biology,chemistry or religion 2 unit with an assessment mark of 65?

asroma15

HSC
N/A
i didnt get an assessment mark of 65 i was just wondering if its possible

anne1010

HSC
yeap. your assessment mark gets moderated.
whats this persons rank and school rank?

asroma15

HSC
N/A
top 15/60 for bio
top 20/ 60 for religion
top 20/45 for chemistry and our schoool rank was 48th last year

enoilgam

HSC
hypothetically, is it possible to get a final HSC mark of 90 in biology,chemistry or religion 2 unit with an assessment mark of 65?
No. Even if your external mark is 100, your final mark will only be 83 (Average of 100 and 65 is 82.5, final marks are rounded up).

coralie1994

HSC
but wouldn't the internal mark of 65 get moderated according to his rank... or something like that?

asroma15

HSC
N/A
no no. i mean if hypothetically i got 65 assessment mark for lets say chemistry . that would be my mark before it gets moderated.

so isn't the HSC mark your EXTERNAL (hsc exam) + moderated assessment?

so if i got 65 assessment mark and 92 external mark then my assessment mark of 65 would be moderated higher? and they use the moderated assessement mark + my 92 i received and make my HSC mark?

khfreakau

HSC
no no. i mean if hypothetically i got 65 assessment mark for lets say chemistry . that would be my mark before it gets moderated.

so isn't the HSC mark your EXTERNAL (hsc exam) + moderated assessment?

so if i got 65 assessment mark and 92 external mark then my assessment mark of 65 would be moderated higher? and they use the moderated assessement mark + my 92 i received and make my HSC mark?
um the assessment mark you receive on your hsc results is already moderated.... i don't know what mark you're referring to, unless you mean your final school report mark. what enoilgram said is correct otherwise.

asroma15

HSC
N/A
yeah i meant final school report mark :) does that get moderated if you do well in external (providing your cohort does well)

enoilgam

HSC
yeah i meant final school report mark :) does that get moderated if you do well in external (providing your cohort does well)
Yes, that gets moderated. Moderation can only take place AFTER the external marks have been calculated, so its impossible for anyone in the state to know there final moderated mark at this point.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)