HSC - internal and external marks? UAI? ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Cupcake16XD

HSC
What does internal and external mark means? ):
And when does the HSC exams happen - like in both the middle and end of year?
What's UAI? How does it differ to ATAR?
Sorry guys, quite a lot of question, but will be glad if you could help :)
(and yes, i did google and stuff, but i don't get it ):

enoilgam

HSC
1) Your internal marks are the marks you get in your school assessments, whereas your externals are your marks from the final HSC exams. Your internal marks and external marks make up your final HSC marks (the average of your externals and internals will be your final HSC mark).

2) The final HSC exams (which the whole state sits) happen at the begining of term 4. They usually go from mid-october to mid-november (in 2010, they started October 14th and went to November 10th). Your internal assessments take place over the course of your HSC year and conclude with your trials. The trials are usually on around this time of the year (catholic schools start today)

3) UAI was the old version of the ATAR and is no longer used. I think the way in which the UAI is calculated differs slightly from the ATAR. This is a link for UAI to ATAR conversions http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

Dont be afraid to ask questions on BOS, thats what the site is for. Let me know if you need some clarification on my answers. Btw, what year are you in at the moment?

Last edited:

Cupcake16XD

HSC
1) Your internal marks are the marks you get in your school assessments, whereas your externals are your marks from the final HSC exams. Your internal marks and external marks make up your final HSC marks (the average of your externals and internals will be your final HSC mark).

2) The final HSC exams (which the whole state sits) happen at the begining of term 4. They usually go from mid-october to mid-november (in 2010, they started October 14th and went to November 10th). Your internal assessments take place over the course of your HSC year and conclude with your trials. The trials are usually on around this time of the year (catholic schools start today)

3) UAI was the old version of the ATAR and is no longer used. I think the way in which the UAI is calculated differs slightly from the ATAR. This is a link for UAI to ATAR conversions http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/ATAR-Conversion-Table.pdf

Dont be afraid to ask questions on BOS, thats what the site is for. Let me know if you need some clarification on my answers. Btw, what year are you in at the moment?
Aawh thanks, your answer's much simple and understandable :)
Well, I'm in year 11, but studing in Victoria...possibly moving to Sydney next year so yeah :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
One additional note - school assessments can occur after the trials but they have to be completed by about the 12th September this year - end Week 8 beginning Week 9 - as that is when the marks are due into the BOS.

Cupcake16XD

HSC
One additional note - school assessments can occur after the trials but they have to be completed by about the 12th September this year - end Week 8 beginning Week 9 - as that is when the marks are due into the BOS.
Ah okay, lol pre stressful compared to here D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)