HSC, finding motivation to study and all of that (1 Viewer)

yoyo0904

HSC
I am in the midst of exams and I really shouldn't be on BOS, but one question: If I'm below average for all or most of my subjects at my school will I get an 90+ ATAR?? My school is ranked top 10 so...like I'm probably ranked last in economics, above average for maths and business and much below for everything else. Will I get into uni? I've actually been very paranoid about not getting into uni which is ridiculous.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, let your cohort carry you to 99.95 atar. Don't worry, you'll make it to uni, whether indirectly, or directly :)

duhdevitt

HSC
top 10= ez
don't stress it's gonna be breezy
dw bout atar
it's pretty far
worry bout today and nothing else
if you keep stressing you might get a curse
be happy Christmas is soon so HoHo
you'll be fine just try your best yoyo
*inpirational chorus hits

rexona <3

yoyo0904

HSC
Lol, let your cohort carry you to 99.95 atar. Don't worry, you'll make it to uni, whether indirectly, or directly :)
HAHAHA i'm trying to convince myself that my cohort has my back LOL we usually get about one person that gets a 99.95 every year and apparently the median ATAR was 97 last year (but someone else said the average was 92) in prelim year, i did horribly in eco and eng ext (i.e. 60% and under) and the others in 70s and 80s >.<

yoyo0904

HSC
top 10= ez
don't stress it's gonna be breezy
dw bout atar
it's pretty far
worry bout today and nothing else
if you keep stressing you might get a curse
be happy Christmas is soon so HoHo
you'll be fine just try your best yoyo
*inpirational chorus hits

rexona <3
love it! thanks dude love the rhymes haha. i really need to take a chill pill i seriously over worry every thing

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHA i'm trying to convince myself that my cohort has my back LOL we usually get about one person that gets a 99.95 every year and apparently the median ATAR was 97 last year (but someone else said the average was 92) in prelim year, i did horribly in eco and eng ext (i.e. 60% and under) and the others in 70s and 80s >.<
Just work hard and try your best. I began studying two months before my exams. So start now and be organised, and you'll smash it, trust me.

zhertec

HSC
Do not rely on your school to carry you all the way into the 90s, you at least have to make an effort as last rank in all subjects results in your marks being an outlier = no cohort "scaling" (alignment) to carry your marks, hence even though if you are in a school rank first it is still very possible to get below 90 easily.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I am in the midst of exams and I really shouldn't be on BOS, but one question: If I'm below average for all or most of my subjects at my school will I get an 90+ ATAR?? My school is ranked top 10 so...like I'm probably ranked last in economics, above average for maths and business and much below for everything else. Will I get into uni? I've actually been very paranoid about not getting into uni which is ridiculous.
Don't go along with the mentality that you will be carried by the rest of your grade as you go to a high ranking school

Put the effort in dude trust me you'll see major improvements + There's only one year left of high school, you might as well give it your all because "HSC is a once in a lifetime experience" - enigma

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
yeah lol you'll make it to uni but is it worth it? like will you be happy going somewhere when its not entirely on your own merits? (or at least partially because you actually put in effort)
Couldn't agree more with this

You will eventually feel the corrosive nature of guilt

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you are asking the wrong question, rather than asking 'will I get a 90+ ATAR', you should reflect seriously on why you have been placed in such ranks (i.e. poor study habits, low study efficiency etc) and strive to implement actual actions to maximise your chances to achieve that desired goal. To assist you, I would strongly recommend you to read through my senior study guide and FOLLOW THROUGH some of the tips given in that guide:) http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

Remember, define your HSC results, never let your HSC results DEFINE you:)

HSC
yeah but don't rely too much on your cohort. Rely on YOURSELF. Study in one hour intervals and take small breaks. Drink heaps of water and eat healthy because your body your most precious commodity. Make sure you keep on doing past papers. They're the secret to the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)