HSC - essay writing help (1 Viewer)

Devozzzz

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm going into year 12 now and i have some questiosn about essays

1) I can only get 16 - 18 out of 20 , Every time I cant seem to get those 2 more marks, how can I improve this.
- I do put statistics in
- and 2 graphs as recommended

Kieran95

HSC
You need quality and quantity - if you wanna get 20/20, you'd probably be looking at 15+pages of solid info. They don't give out many 20's in economics

enoilgam

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm going into year 12 now and i have some questiosn about essays

1) I can only get 16 - 18 out of 20 , Every time I cant seem to get those 2 more marks, how can I improve this.
- I do put statistics in
- and 2 graphs as recommended
You would need more sophisticated arguments and ideas. Like, instead of just looking at points that support your thesis, you could acknowledge the views against your thesis and maybe discredit them. Furthermore, you could analyse differing viewpoints and from that synthesise a view of your own.

Getting 20/20 is very difficult - markers are looking for an essay which has depth to its analysis and provides a high level insight into the issues raised by the essay. Most people with low-mid band 6 essays have great stats and graphs, but they somewhat lack a really strong and insightful thesis.

Kieran95

HSC
15 pages...?
Look up the 'Exemplar responses' from the arc standards packages and you'll see that most of them are writing about 20 pages. Examine (i think thats his name) on this forum got a 3rd state rank in eco and he said that he was writing ~20 pages for both of his essays.

Devozzzz

HSC
for the HSC exam which is 3 hours?? + short answer + mupltiple choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)