HSC easier than trials? Honest question (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I've heard so many times that HSC is always a little easier than trials (CSSA) but other people say that this isn't true....

So... Is it? Esp. with something like 3U which was a killer during trials this year

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I think chem hsc will be harder than trials. CSSA was quite easy, and I still screwed up lol

HSC
I've heard so many times that HSC is always a little easier than trials (CSSA) but other people say that this isn't true....

So... Is it? Esp. with something like 3U which was a killer during trials this year
3u CSSA was easy, imo HSC would be harder than CSSA

emilios

HSC
Hm depends what papers you do. In my own experience only a handful of trial papers come close to rivaling the HSC, such as CSSA and some Grammar papers.

Overall though I'd still definitely say the HSC papers are harder. They're just easier on your emotional and physical state cos you actually have a stuvac to prepare for them and they're not compressed within the space of 2 weeks!

mreditor16

HSC
Hm depends what papers you do. In my own experience only a handful of trial papers come close to rivaling the HSC, such as CSSA and some Grammar papers.

Overall though I'd still definitely say the HSC papers are harder. They're just easier on your emotional and physical state cos you actually have a stuvac to prepare for them and they're not compressed within the space of 2 weeks!
+1

Also some independent papers come very close (especially 4U Maths)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Really? Bc I've never had too much trouble with past hsc papers for mx1, but I really struggled with my trials :(

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For English, it really depends on your school's marking.

For the different levels of Mathematics, HSC is generally harder than MOST school trials. Mainly because there's harder curve-balls (the last question(s) are harder in the HSC in most cases)

photastic

HSC
CSSA maths 2u/3u was definitely the easiest this year so I reckon the HSC will be harder. Definitely harder binomials cos cssa 2014 binomials, the answers were given to you in the question and the projectile motion was also easy.

Tbh, trials and HSC is technically the same difficulty. It's just most probs just finished the content the days before the trials exams and makes it hard at that time.

HSC
CSSA maths 2u/3u was definitely the easiest this year so I reckon the HSC will be harder. Definitely harder binomials cos cssa 2014 binomials, the answers were given to you in the question and the projectile motion was also easy.

Tbh, trials and HSC is technically the same difficulty. It's just most probs just finished the content the days before the trials exams and makes it hard at that time.
Nah i reckon HSC is "harder" than trials.

The questions are more application based and require you to "think"

Luckytree

HSC
Yeah, defs HSC will be harder not only in the content but also in the marking criteria. I nearly full marked both 3u and 4u in CSSA but i know i wont come close to getting a 90 raw in actual HSC tests

HSC
But that's easier though.
Yeah i know, but for those who are used to textbook/trial formats struggle because those sort of questions have almost the same structure. Take for instance the growth and decay questions. It's always structured like this -
a) Show that this a solution to blah blah
b) Find the values of A and K
c) How much time is required for blah blah

These questions are so predictable, most of the time you don't even have to read the question fully to answer it. Whereas HSC might spice it up and change it around and do some other stuff.
Yeah, defs HSC will be harder not only in the content but also in the marking criteria. I nearly full marked both 3u and 4u in CSSA but i know i wont come close to getting a 90 raw in actual HSC tests
Most trial papers do not cover harder 3u, or if they do there is only a small number of questions, hence why most students get high marks in trials.

HSC has more than 25+ marks dedicated to only harder 3u. Last year had 28 marks of harder 3u, and that's where most students get stumped.

photastic

HSC
Yeah i know, but for those who are used to textbook/trial formats struggle because those sort of questions have almost the same structure. Take for instance the growth and decay questions. It's always structured like this -
a) Show that this a solution to blah blah
b) Find the values of A and K
c) How much time is required for blah blah

These questions are so predictable, most of the time you don't even have to read the question fully to answer it. Whereas HSC might spice it up and change it around and do some other stuff.

Most trial papers do not cover harder 3u, or if they do there is only a small number of questions, hence why most students get high marks in trials.

HSC has more than 25+ marks dedicated to only harder 3u. Last year had 28 marks of harder 3u, and that's where most students get stumped.
Thank god my school had a lot of assessments with "thinking" questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)