HSC belonging assessment!!! (1 Viewer)

salt_on_chips

HSC
Hi there...
can someone please help me and explain what themes/ideas are presented in the poems "Postcard" and "Feliks" (both by Peter Skyrzynecki). If you could also explain how they are linked that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced, peace :]

lychnobity

HSC
Hi there...
can someone please help me and explain what themes/ideas are presented in the poems "Postcard" and "Feliks" (both by Peter Skyrzynecki). If you could also explain how they are linked that would be greatly appreciated.
Try doing it yourself first.

Shoot4stars

HSC
OMG NOOB!
seriously man if you can't do your assesments at week 6 of year 12 you might as well just drop out (Y)

The Nomad

HSC
Hi there...
And why have you chosen those two in particular, I'm curious?

M@ster P

HSC
Hi there...
postcard: disconnection with Warsaw/Polish Culture

Feliks: Disconnection with his father, culture, he doesn't know where his cultural identity lies

tenaia

HSC
postcard: disconnection with Warsaw/Polish Culture

Feliks: Disconnection with his father, culture, he doesn't know where his cultural identity lies

Ahhh I'm pretty sure there its not about the disconnection with his father.. Its more about his admiration, there are hardly any references to a disconection with the polish culture at all, actually, its quite the contrary lol sorry maan

bored of sc

HSC
Ahhh I'm pretty sure there its not about the disconnection with his father.. Its more about his admiration, there are hardly any references to a disconection with the polish culture at all, actually, its quite the contrary lol sorry maan
Remember that textual analysis is a really personal thing. The syllabus asks for an informed personal engagement with the texts. So as long as you substantiate your claims with textual reference and techniques (it's all about techniques) you should be okay.

Personally, I think there is a sense of cultural disconnectedness between Skrzynecki and his father as exemplified in the line "Watched me pegging my tent further and further south of Hadrian's Wall". While Felix is holding on to pre-war Europe, Peter is becoming increasingly connected to Australian lifestyle and culture due to his personal context (moved to Australia at such a young age) and the immigrant experience.

The poem is also a paean - it is a tribute to his father so Skrzynecki also has a sense of admiration for his father i.e. opens with "My gentle father".

salt_on_chips

HSC
Do you think that there is also a sense of detachment between the father and son as the reference to hadrians wall could be interpreted as a barrier bewtween the two?

salt_on_chips

HSC
Remember that textual analysis is a really personal thing. The syllabus asks for an informed personal engagement with the texts. So as long as you substantiate your claims with textual reference and techniques (it's all about techniques) you should be okay.

Personally, I think there is a sense of cultural disconnectedness between Skrzynecki and his father as exemplified in the line "Watched me pegging my tent further and further south of Hadrian's Wall". While Felix is holding on to pre-war Europe, Peter is becoming increasingly connected to Australian lifestyle and culture due to his personal context (moved to Australia at such a young age) and the immigrant experience.

The poem is also a paean - it is a tribute to his father so Skrzynecki also has a sense of admiration for his father i.e. opens with "My gentle father".
Do you think that there is also a sense of detachment between the father and son as the reference to hadrians wall could be interpreted as a barrier bewtween the two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)