HSC 2019 NSW School Ranking (1 Viewer)

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Dispite having ADHD since Preschool I still worked my ass off and still managed to get my life sorted out along with graduating with the degree I wanted and still managed to go to USyd for postgrad. I tell you what even with ADHD I didn't let that get into the way of my goals and asperations since I have to work twice as hard to get the same grades as someone 'normal'.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
It seems like some corruption and bribery going on. So fishy....
Yeah I've never heard of anything like this school.

I did a quick google search just then and apparently it's had allegations next to it's name before. Like for e.g. apparently they're not following the curriculum and altering textbooks or something. Again these are just allegations so who knows the truth :\

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I've never heard of anything like this school.

I did a quick google search just then and apparently it's had allegations next to it's name before. Like for e.g. this
The private boys high school I went to never did this dispite some past 'issues' of sexual harrasment.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
The private boys high school I went to never did this dispite some past 'issues' of sexual harrasment.
Yeah I went to a private school initially and hated the environment there. It wasn't a good place and quite frankly I think a lot of private schools are similar.

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I went to a private school initially and hated the environment there. It wasn't a good place and quite frankly I think a lot of private schools are similar.
That is true but I still decided on going to a private school since its better equipped to help me deal with my ADHD.

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
But still the school teacher referred me and my parents to the best pediatrician in Sydney which helped but sadly its not located close to the school but at UNSW.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
This is why the system for school ranking should be changed. It can be so easily abused like this with just percentage of b6s. Imo the factor should be median atar
The ranking really should be based on ATAR; maybe the Sydney Morning Herald doesn't get access to the ATAR scores, so doesn't rank based on that.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
why ? Is semi private good?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
why ? Is semi private good?
No I mean private school students tend to be a bit full of themselves imo, obviously not all. I've seen heaps of racism and bullying at private schools which was never at all present in the public school I attended later. I found the people in a public school to be more accepting and no one was ever treated badly in the public school I went to.

Of course this doesn't apply to every school or every student but it seems to be what I've noticed from some private schools.

coldpole

HSC
No I mean private school students tend to be a bit full of themselves imo, obviously not all. I've seen heaps of racism and bullying at private schools which was never at all present in the public school I attended later. I found the people in a public school to be more accepting and no one was ever treated badly in the public school I went to.

Of course this doesn't apply to every school or every student but it seems to be what I've noticed from some private schools.
lol I experienced the exact same thing ; when I thankfully moved out of my private school the people were more accepting in the public school i went to, kids tend to be more cocky in private schools also. That's what i experienced at least

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed. It varies significantly from my own experience and what I see in my colleagues who are alumni of various schools. That being said even though I preferred my selective high experience, I'm still enrolling my daughter into a private school for high school both as a backup (in case she doesn't care for academics) and also because it seemed like a good balance between academics and life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)