Hsc 2009 Dates (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwell

HSC
Re: Do I really need a tutor to get good UAI?

kevsun92 said:
hi
im doing my hsc next year, Math4u, EngAdv, Chem, Physics. Do i really need to get a tutor to get a uai above 90? Or i can just stay at home study on my own? Anyone had the same problem before? And what kind marks in each of those subjects do i need to get an uai 90+?
Depends on how u study. If u can study well without tutor and able to pull out a disciplined timetable and organaisation u dont need a tutor. U have very gud subjects which u can certainly work on ya own.
So u dont need a tutor to get 90+

aznvdz

HSC

Tutors just help you on your way to getting a good UAI.

spence

HSC

You definately don't. A few from my grade got high 99s without tutoring. Generally the ones that are tutored will do pretty well, but when they get to uni and have to start doing it themselves they tend to not go so well

Supaman92

HSC

u-borat said:
well basically, without a tutor, you can't achieve higher than 90 UAI, proven FACT.
like are you serious?

pawabola

HSC

No you don't need a tutor.

All a tutor really does is spoon-feed you information and makes you become dependant on them so they can get more of your money.

adidasboy

weee
HSC

pawabola said:
No you don't need a tutor.

All a tutor really does is spoon-feed you information and makes you become dependant on them so they can get more of your money.
What? so you want them to sit back and watch you read the textbook for information? After all, they're paid to do nothing.

VuongstER_boi

HSC

If you have self-disciplined, then you don't need tutoring. I know I had tutoring for some of my subjects and I believe I could of done better without tutoring if I had been more of a self-disciplined learner ( ie I was too depedent on them).

If you are self-disciplined, then you'll get twice as much done than say if you go tutoring and rely on them to force you to do work. However, just make sure you have access to the right resources ( whcih tutored ppls are usually equipped with). If you have this, then i guess you're on par with them...

Last edited:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC

No, you definitely do not need a tutor to get 90+ UAI, altho they might help.

As for marks, I got the following HSC marks and they lead me to the UAI I received:

Advanced English: 76
3U Maths: 93
4U Maths: 87
Physics: 86
Chemistry: 80

xx.kelly.xx

Awesome Member
HSC
2009 timetable?

I want to know the timetable for the 2009 HSC exams, but i can't seem to find it anywhere!
One of my teachers said it should have been released by now, but not on the board of studies website.
So where is this so called timetable??

Help anyone??

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 timetable?

no it is not released the 2008 one came out may 1 and some people older then me who have done there HSC previous years all have said theres came out later, the date will be released soon though i suspect

chltmddus112

HSC

Looking at ut subjects...

Havin tutor will be better, i mean, i started Physics and english tutor this term and

it is helping me alot.

OhNivlek2

HSC
Re: 2009 timetable?

omg we get out resutls one day before my b'day... :cold:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

i hate silly generalisations like that. i.e. 'having a tutor gets you over 90, not having one means you can't get more than 90'

esstown

HSC

u-borat said:
well basically, without a tutor, you can't achieve higher than 90 UAI, proven FACT.
LOL gud joke:)

gibbo153 said:
i hate silly generalisations like that. i.e. 'having a tutor gets you over 90, not having one means you can't get more than 90'
Tutors obviously do help, i have never been tutored personally but sometimes i find myself sitting there for a while going .. wish someone would tell me how to do this..

I guess tutors get you motivated/force you to learn as you know you are paying them + they usually give homework.

Utilise your school teachers seriously thats what they are there for, save the money buy textbooks, study guides and actually STUDY. It's much more practical than $50+ dollars an hour.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Face it
Without a tutor, it's quite hard
Depends on what you mean by good as well, seeing as (I know I'm gonna get flamed for this) but the majority of the really high 95+ students have tutors

I SAID THE MAJORITY, NOT ALL
So don't flame me:(

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC

There is one major prob I find with people having tutors, that being that they generally are not as independent towards their study as people who don't have tutors.

By the time you hit uni, it is generally expected that you're independent in your learning. I had tuition during the HSC and told myself when uni started: "No more tuition. Learn by myself." It was actually quite difficult to change into the phase of independent learning without major hassle for me, tho I think (And hope >.>) I'm managing it now.

Of course, this is a moot point if you're an independent learner who just wants that lil bit of extra help that's available out there XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)