Hsc 2006 Study! (1 Viewer)

StevChe

HSC
OK the biggest question in school history that im sure everbody would want to no!

Whats the best way of studying for the HSC????What hours should u put in???? Mayb some succesful students can give us their secrets!! :D

Last edited:

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
There's a stckied thread about this in school I think, but the most important thing is consistant study. Do all your homework, then set aside one or two afternoons a week to summarise everything you've learnt that week under the syllabus. Keep up that routine and by the time trials and the HSC come around, you'll have all your notes and all that will be left is practice, practice, practice. Looking back I wish I would've thought of this method at the beginning of yr 12...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
StevChe said:
OK the biggest question in school history that im sure everbody would want to no!

Whats the best way of studying for the HSC????What hours should u put in???? Mayb some succesful students can give us their secrets!! :D
The answer is no. There is no quick fix for the HSC. You will just have to work hard.

That does NOT involve more than 2 hours study per day (that's ludicrous). But it DOES involve consistent study. Doing all your homework on top of this would also be a good idea.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am probably not a good person to ask...I bludge way too much
but dont expect unrealstic study patterns from urself...I always expected myself to study for hrs which is impossible for me any way

also can u go to ur extra thread click edit then delete it

thanks and good luck! :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Doing well in the HSC requires effective study, and this is not the same as a large quantity of study. Many hours of study do not necessarily translate to good marks unless you use your time well.

HSC
exactly, you'll also find planning your study, setting goals and standards also increases your effeciency of study which means you'll do it faster, better and higher quality

do ALL homework, in maths when teacher says "do alternate questions in 1-3", do all questions! it wont hurt, do the homework as you are given and dont let it pile up, usually set aside all weekend to revise

for all of 2006'ers, each topic you finish study for it and do questions from other books to reinforce, dont leave it all for 3 weeks before trials! kthx

Mandy101

HSC
Consistency - work hard the whole way through and you'll be fine. Even if you stuff up an assessment, if you've worked hard from the beginning, that will save you.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fakingtheday said:
^^ not true. Hard work amounts to nothing if your assesment marks are screwed.
"if you stuff up an assessment"
In which case if you worked hard throughout the year then you have something to fall back on. Of course, if you stuff up all of of your assessments that isn't going to do you any good, but no-one is infallible and there has to come a time when even a top student doesn't get the best mark.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
All the people posting did the HSC in 2005... You wouldn't have a clue! People from previous years pls grace us with your knowledge which only comes from experience...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
miaomiao said:
All the people posting did the HSC in 2005... You wouldn't have a clue! People from previous years pls grace us with your knowledge which only comes from experience...
We're still in the process of doing it...another few months until it's all over :D
And I would say that we're the best people to ask, not people from 2001-2004 :p...simply because we're doing the HSC right now and so we can tell you about how we're studying at present. What's more, a lot of us only have a couple of assessments left so we know how our study techniques have worked for us so far. Of course, people from previous years still have valuable knowledge but 05ers' advice is still just as valuable if not moreso...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)