How well do you know your own school?! (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
This doesn't really apply for all you graduated year 12's but more for the younger years:

How well do you know your school?
It wasn't till I nearly graduated that I realized there were so many doors and rooms I had never visited. I can guarantee that there are countless cool places you haven't been to in your school because:
A) They're never really used for classes
B) They are only for specific groups (ie band rooms/chess club rooms)
C) They are not meant for students

It seems useless to check out the hidden corners of your school, yet some places helped me out.

Another boring English lesson? Teacher won't let you sleep?
In my junior years - and even the senior ones - I'd excuse myself from class (toilet, drink, w/e), and go to the music cottage near the front of the school. Only people in the IMP would ever use it, and there was a drum kit in there. So for a whole period, I'd just jam out on the drum kit while my friends suffered in the abyss of Eurocentric literature that our syllabus loves so much.

There was also empty classrooms that were always open and never in use. The perfect place to sleep, haha.

enoilgam

HSC
I know I graduated three years ago, but man this thread brings back way too many memories - I just feel compelled to post. There were a few rooms like that where I went and I definitely did a lot of exploring during my "extended" toilet breaks (embarassingly enough, this was one thing people knew me for at school).

There was something nice and peaceful about walking around my HS whilst everyone else was in class (added to the fact that most of the time, I just needed to walk to escape the classroom). The only problem was my school was pretty strict and teachers were always around looking to bust people for roaming around when they shouldnt have been.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Man, did you go to a catholic school or something? The teachers at my school never bother to bust people for roaming around.

I remember after the School Certificate was over in year 10, for all of my 'boring' classes I would go down to the valley - a sloping hill of trees next to the oval - and just sleep.

Did you go to one of those schools that required you to have a 'toilet pass' every time you left the room?

enoilgam

HSC
Man, did you go to a catholic school or something? The teachers at my school never bother to bust people for roaming around.

Did you go to one of those schools that required you to have a 'toilet pass' every time you left the room?
I went to my local Catholic School. We didnt have a toilet pass, but we needed to ask permission to go to the toilet. It might be a small issue, but I absolutely hated this - to me, you should be able to go whenever you want to go, it's just so undignifing to have to ask. I especially had a problem with it when I was over 18 - I stopped asking for permission and just walked out of the class (this actually caused a lot of trouble).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of my class room areas were like no-go zones during lunch and recess (we had like quads and footy fields and stuff to go to) that was when I explored around them ~lol~
I'd been in like every room
and then they built new buildings
so I went in those too
they've built like two more since I left doe

I like to know where things are
I went to like ~most~ of the buildings at USyd last year, just so I knew where most things were, but it's too big to go in every room haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)