How was your enrolment day? (1 Viewer)

studybuddy101

HSC
If you went in today how did you find the process?

Personally i found it unnecessarily long and unorganised :\ sure hope that doesn't reflect the years to come because i was expecting uni to be all sunshine and rainbows

Michael203

HSC

Personally i found it unnecessarily long and unorganised :\ sure hope that doesn't reflect the years to come because i was expecting uni to be all sunshine and rainbows
You're going to the wrong place then.

engineering

HSC
N/A
What degree were you enrolling in, and in particular what steps in the process did you think needed improvement.

studybuddy101

HSC
What degree were you enrolling in, and in particular what steps in the process did you think needed improvement.
I was enrolling in a combined engineering/science degree. What i had the biggest problem with was undefined queues (at the start people were just floating around everywhere) and the fact it took me 2 hours to enrol yet i still have to take further steps to finalise my enrolment afterwards. There were plenty of other things that definitely need fixing that i'm too tired to list

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I believe there is an enrollment feedback questionnaire that gets sent around... many of us have requested the process change to an online enrollment but it is a working process. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

engineering

HSC
N/A
I was enrolling in a combined engineering/science degree. What i had the biggest problem with was undefined queues (at the start people were just floating around everywhere) and the fact it took me 2 hours to enrol yet i still have to take further steps to finalise my enrolment afterwards. There were plenty of other things that definitely need fixing that i'm too tired to list
The process was designed to be

1: collect form from desk in the foyer
2: go to room 1 to fill in form and check your details are correct
3: room two for unit of study choice - see advisor relevant to your field of engineering
4: data entry room to have subjects entered into computer
5: downstairs for data checking

If one or more of these steps didn't work well, then this can be fed back to the manager who can try to make improvements for tomorrow.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Oh dear, uni admin is never all sunshine and rainbows lolololo

And if you enrol in the arvo it'll always be busier.

HSC
i hated it. Even though i had planned my subjects the staff were not very helpfull, and it took me several answers to complete due to misguidance and misinterpretation.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Usually takes no more than one hour.
my enrolment took ~5 hours last year ;)
There was a bit of an info session as well... but no one told us that there would be one

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Finished enrolment! YAY!
The process was okay nothing too confusing, but, the lines omg the lines were soo long

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
my enrolment took ~5 hours last year ;)
There was a bit of an info session as well... but no one told us that there would be one
I think it may have had something to do with my faculty been small now that I think about it.

studybuddy101

HSC
i hated it. Even though i had planned my subjects the staff were not very helpfull, and it took me several answers to complete due to misguidance and misinterpretation.
I had the exact same issue, at one point the academic "advisors" were telling me about the wrong subjects to enrol in. The worst part was that everyone had this general sense of urgency yet i felt like it was taking forever. At data entry there weren't even people calling you in, you just had to assume they were ready for you (not to mention the fact they moved our entire line from the inside of the room to the outside when they could have simply put a sign that says "queue here" )

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The process was designed to be

1: collect form from desk in the foyer
2: go to room 1 to fill in form and check your details are correct
3: room two for unit of study choice - see advisor relevant to your field of engineering
4: data entry room to have subjects entered into computer
5: downstairs for data checking

If one or more of these steps didn't work well, then this can be fed back to the manager who can try to make improvements for tomorrow.

Hey engineering,

You may know the answer to this. Why did the uni abandon implementation of online enrolment? They tried it a number of years ago but went back to in person. Pretty much every other uni has moved to an online process. Why has usyd stalled?

pHyRe

HSC
Finished enrolment! YAY!
The process was okay nothing too confusing, but, the lines omg the lines were soo long
shoulda come later

i rocked up at 3:15, took me agessss to fill out the form haha. Spent like 15 minutes waiting for a friend, 30 minutes deciding what science subjects to choice outside of maths haha

wasn't that bad from usyd. little confusing with the criteria you have to fulfill and the staff were ordinary. probably would be easier online, but i assume they need our signatures for hecs and everything. maybe they should do that stuff on O-week and leave the subjects for online.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Hey engineering,

You may know the answer to this. Why did the uni abandon implementation of online enrolment? They tried it a number of years ago but went back to in person. Pretty much every other uni has moved to an online process. Why has usyd stalled?
Many Sydney degrees offer huge amounts of choice and electivity, but this creates a very complicated set of rules to program into an online enrolment system for new students.

The university is currently investing heavily on a new student admin system that will replace the current old one.

PS while I might appear to be knowledgeable about university of Sydney issues, please do not consider me to be an official spokesman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)