How was your day at EE2 Workshop @ Knox Grammar? (1 Viewer)

moogle180

Short stoires was boring
the only good part of it was that things were put into focus
the reflection statement was better though as it had some humour toward the end and i actually wrote some notes during the R/S.
Knox has its own centre for business studies and its demountables are so much better than ours
their headmasters office was about half the size of our main building. lol

dilos

HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Depends who you had for short stories, the woman I had I reckon was good, but I heard the other short story lecturer was crap.
which woman did you have?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
You know, we need a thread to discuss Knox! In the car with our teach, that was pretty much the convo topic. This, that and "Wow pool!"
I seriously never knew places like that existed, but i suppose they'd say the same thing if they came to see our school LOL.

chouboi

if anyone who attended the multimedia could PM me their msn contacts! would be much appreciated :D
that means u m1nx :p

mayhemily

HSC
my short story lecturer was dodgy as!! Yeah, the badness began when her first words were "I am blah blah blah and i'm basically a published poet"

And her voice was annoying
And she had no idea about the course
And "As fast as steam" what the hell? Is it just me or does that make NO SENSE

But the reflection statement workshop was exellent

"FREE TIBET" :D

Thomas_wow

i didnt comprehend much, mixture of tiredness, hungoverness and general confusion. but i did make some interesting notes that i just read. if anyone saw me i was bummy looking guy with the black, OLEX CABLES hat on.

oh yeah i hollared out scrotum in the middle of a big group of people but everyone just gave me funny looks and no-one responded. so i gave up on you cunts ;]

aud

HSC
Critical response... was such a waste of time, trust me, you don't want my notes... alternatively, if you do, print off the syllabus :D That's exactly what the whole day was about, how to spend 2 hours talking about a. the syllabus, b. the Showcases of 2001 and 2002 and c. the syllabus. Hopeless... there were only 50 of us... and my friends and I spent an hour walking around Wahroonga searching for the bloody shopping centre that is "a brisk walk up the Pacific Highway", and came back with nothing :( Wasn't good at all.

fr0ggy

HSC
Originally posted by dilos
btw, did anyone manage to find the "mall"....we just found some small shops and cafes..:confused:
hehe. there is no mall in wahroonga. just the village and its pretty small.

i went to the multimedia workshop. she gave a few good tips, but otherwise i thought it was a bit of a waste. we could just talk to our teachers if we want the syllabus drummed into our heads

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Enlightened_One
I thought the guy who was going on about the reflection statement was pretty good, but I liked the woman we had for short stories better.
I thought she was a bit up herself, personally. "In my first novel... blahblahblah... oh, have I mentioned that I'm a published author?"

Originally posted by mayhemily
my short story lecturer was dodgy as!! Yeah, the badness began when her first words were "I am blah blah blah and i'm basically a published poet"
I must say I did like the comments about the writing chair and the little critic who lives on your shoulder, though. Everything else sucked... Took notes anyway, tho.

chouboi

hahaha.. the little critic who lives on your shoulder!
i dont know about you guys but i got a voice inside of meh head who tells me things!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by aud
Critical response... was such a waste of time, trust me, you don't want my notes... alternatively, if you do, print off the syllabus :D That's exactly what the whole day was about, how to spend 2 hours talking about a. the syllabus, b. the Showcases of 2001 and 2002 and c. the syllabus. Hopeless... there were only 50 of us... and my friends and I spent an hour walking around Wahroonga searching for the bloody shopping centre that is "a brisk walk up the Pacific Highway", and came back with nothing :( Wasn't good at all.
Ahh that's so crappy aud. I'm glad I didn't go now that you said that. I hate going to HSC lectures and the only thing people do is talk about the syllabus, that's a waste of money! I can print it off the net, or get it from school!

aud

HSC
Originally posted by GemmaHavok
Can any of you wonderful, wonderful people send me any notes you got? I'll love you for ever...
I know I said I'd give you my notes, but seriously, all they did was take each syllabus word, analyse it to the nth degree, then the next word, then the next... my notes are just the syllabus :D The only poignant thing they said was because it's a "rigourous and ongoing process" (I think), that we shouldn't stop just because of assessment periods and exams...

Got so annoyed at the Reflection Statement guy... he flipped through half his presentation because he started late, some of that stuff I really wanted him to go through... then he said Diana as in Die-anna, and not Dee-arna, shows how much he listened to his student... and then went on to talk about Lilith and how she related to women who murder, jeez... Lilith was a great feminist...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I almost died. I couldnt find the... "mall" and we had to walk up that freaking hill to get to the shops of which half were closed, and the other half were health food or had massive lines. *cries*

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by aud
The only poignant thing they said was because it's a "rigourous and ongoing process" (I think), that we shouldn't stop just because of assessment periods and exams...
Ahh that's crap. So I'm doing my half yearlies, and this guy wants me to continue working on my major work, whilst I'm studying for half yearlies? What a loser. I would have stood up and told him where to go.

What about the reflection statments? Was that any good?

aud

HSC
Originally posted by super katie
I almost died. I couldnt find the... "mall" and we had to walk up that freaking hill to get to the shops of which half were closed, and the other half were health food or had massive lines. *cries*
My friend's and I spent all of that hour wandering around Wahroonga trying to find food :D We started by walking up the Pacific Highway, like it said on the map, but after maybe 10 minutes we didn't get anywhere, so we turned back, saw the 'Fox Valley Shopping Village' sign, so walked up Fox Valley Road, a little girl told us to walk up to the park, which she said was about a mile away, and then the shops would be a little while after... so we started walking, and after 15 minutes we turned around and came back... we figured she was just exaggerating about it being a mile away, but going home we went up FV Road, and yes, it was about a mile away... stupid little girl that could have saved us the walk... then my friend's dad pointed out where the station was. :(

Originally posted by grk_styl
Ahh that's crap. So I'm doing my half yearlies, and this guy wants me to continue working on my major work, whilst I'm studying for half yearlies? What a loser. I would have stood up and told him where to go.

What about the reflection statments? Was that any good?
It was OK, he went through what to do and what not to do, using examples of his past SCEGGS students who got 49/50... but flipped through a lot of them cause he was late... but he just took word by word out of the syllabus and analysed it. He said that you should have done a first draft of RS before end of 2nd Term, and to start as soon as possible... and that if we sent sms during his lecture, he would come up behind us and kick us until we die... it was very pleasant...

billieroseanna

Originally posted by dilos
how funny was the lady who did short stories...she was like "for the best story intro's, who likes the second *everyone puts their hand up*....er....who likes the fourth *no one puts their hand up*.....ok, we'll study the fourth cos i found it fascinating"

she was cool i suppose...just a little forceful...

:(
yeah, I thought she was a bit of a trout head like that.. and the whole thing about the hurricane in that story actually being a person.. uh, I re-read the story and I still didn't get it. I think she was on mushies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)