Votes: 48 20.7%
  • Hard - not like '93 though

Votes: 115 49.6%
  • hardest 4unit exam ever

Votes: 50 21.6%

• Total voters

bobman21

HSC
If everybody seems to be getting so high, can someone explain why the average will be low 70 or 60?

i'm rather confused by all this....

acast29

HSC
Damnnnnn you psychos getting 105+!!! that test was freaken crazy! Harder than any trial paper ive done. Ah wells i reckon I'll still manage a 86-95/120. Fuk conics??? Fuk circle geometry and induction!!! I still can't believe I managed to get the partial fractions integration question wrong as well...:S

HSC
People that post on this site tend to be better students. So if you think you went crap lootking at these guys - you probably didn't.

damo676767

HSC
questions 1-6 were easy mostly

i left out 3 marks in total of them

question 7 i did about 3/4's of it

question 8 i answed about 4 ish marks

so i am hoping for a mark in the 90's which i hope is a band E4

Theuidin

Ineligible for Membership
HSC
Mmmmmmhmmmm

My eyes got sore at the end. I reached the limit of what i could do with 10 minutes left!! how bad is that? I was too stuffed to get anywhere with queson 8 or 6... so i barely did anything. Then i got out, looked at the paper and realised i missed a page in question 5.... pity

I had a mental block on the Kepler's Law one... but i saw my physics teacher derive it another way once, so i did it like that. i hope i get a mark.

I managed to get all of the circle geometry question. It was quite easy lookin back... but it took while of staring at the wall to get it.

I am hoping for over 80.... whats a good mark these days? everyone is claming near 100, but i dont believe them. what have been some past averages out of 120? anyone know?

bobman21

HSC
well the problem is, u see, i go to a selective school and we walked out and went wtf was that...... so yeah....

our average is relatively high, probably 80s....

Sonjay-

HSC
Easy!

man ... i reckon i aced it... such a piece of cake killed in 1 and a half hours ( not even probably) checke dit 4 times but i still had 3 silly mistakes... im standing on 117 n im sure... how did u go?

Dm31

HSC
*sigh*

damn its so sad reading u peepz comments on exams... i knew i shudda droped 4u in d beginning of the year wen i realised i was way to lazy to do this. hoping for 60...

i just hope i learn from this n attempt to study for 3u... after basically doing no work (in and out of class) for the last term.

*sigh*

HSC
Sonjay- said:
man ... i reckon i aced it... such a piece of cake killed in 1 and a half hours ( not even probably) checke dit 4 times but i still had 3 silly mistakes... im standing on 117 n im sure... how did u go?
and i have to put up with this sort of thing at home - my dad is a mathematician - but then his geometry is horrible (he hasn't used it since he did extension 2 (or maths with honours as it was in the 1950s when he was at school) and he can't remember the rule.

I personally think it is impossible to write as much as you have to in that time period. So you could quite easilly marks for missing out on steps. And you could just be lying

bobman21

HSC
hear hear......

i mean, sonjay, are u one of those who write at a mile a minute?

of course, if ur not lying, hats off, and i will lie prostate on the ground, and shield my eyes as you walk past.....

lum

HSC
well personally i rckn it's bs how someone so smart would bother postin here UNLESS they usually come here, eg. sliderule.

man, the guys getting 95+ marks, what are your ranks in your respective schools? i came 2nd in my shithole school and i think my max is 92, got so many blocks... i averaged 100 for the past 10 years..

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
You people are saying Question 6 was easy... well I had NO clue. I had never seen anything like it. For a second I thought I was looking at the wrong paper or something.

It didn't even make sense to me; I was unable to prove that induction even for the basic case (the same goes for all at my exam centre)

yew_315

Oldie
HSC
Sooo Crap...

I reckon it was a shit exam... sure the first 4 questions were pretty easy, but lets face it, that was expected right. Then came the last four that were just crap. Does anyone reckon they allocated marks stupidly? Like 1 mark for like a third of a page proof!!! It was stupid!! That's wat really killed me... the proofs just were time consuming, and weren't worth any major marks. I don't reckon there's anything in there that was insanely hard like the 93' paper, but it just took time to see the answer and work through the problems. Oh well... see how we go....

SmileyCam

HSC
Sonjay- said:
note: this is Sonjay-'s first and only post, therefore I assume he is bullshitting

vwola

HSC
Shite, all these comments making me feel like shit :(
I panicked on the first question!!! (be lucky to pass)

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by yew_315
I reckon it was a shit exam... sure the first 4 questions were pretty easy, but lets face it, that was expected right. Then came the last four that were just crap. Does anyone reckon they allocated marks stupidly? Like 1 mark for like a third of a page proof!!! It was stupid!! That's wat really killed me... the proofs just were time consuming, and weren't worth any major marks. I don't reckon there's anything in there that was insanely hard like the 93' paper, but it just took time to see the answer and work through the problems. Oh well... see how we go....
completely concur. the mark allocator, whoever he/she is, obviously had a stroke the night before the mark allocation.

1 mark proofs in the latter questions as long as 3 mark questions in the earlier parts of the exam - now that's just wrong. (not to mention how lengthy the exam was overall too in comparison to previous years...)

Abtari

HSC
yeah many ppl complained about the 1 mark questions that took a while to get...

but for some of them, there were 'easy' methods to get the answer...i didnt see it for a couple of them and i found myself spending nearly a page of a proof, and then looking at the mark allocation and realising its only 1 damn mark!

this exam was hard mainly because of the time constraints...otherwise it was doable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)