How understanding comes from identity in Skrzynecki?? (1 Viewer)

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Hello all :)
I am studying in the Folk Museum, 10 Mary Street and Feliks Skrzynecki in depth for belonging. Was just curious as to how you think identity is evident in any of these three poems? I am having great difficulty grasping the notion of identity altogether, as it seems to me Peter Skrzynecki lacks it altogether? Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance! :)

Wombat306

HSC
You're right, Skryznecki does lack identity, and talking about a lack of identity is just as fine as talking about it.

You can talk about how Skryznecki feels a lack of identity, as evidenced in the folk museum, he doesn't fit in with the history and identity of place in folk museum, and in Felix it's kinda about how he doesn't belong with his Fathers side or in Australia, so once again, no identity.

Hope it helps in some way

HSC
^ what that guy said

in 10 mary street you can say the home is a metaphor for their identity - it's grounded by material and remains vulnerable to external influences

Pyrobooby

HSC
I was just wondering, if in your essay you quote something and don't add slashes for quotes that go for over 2 lines (such as "My gentle father / Kept pace only with the Joneses" as opposed to "My gentle father kept pace only with the Joneses) would you lose marks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)