How to study for chem the next three days help (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is it worth it to memorise about how all those spectroscopy machines work? Cuz I'm rlly not bothered and I don't think they'll ask it

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Is it worth it to memorise about how all those spectroscopy machines work? Cuz I'm rlly not bothered and I don't think they'll ask it
maybe?

AHH how tf do I memo anion flowcharts ew

I memorised cation today:
- first add NaCl
- if precipitate forms, add NaOH to a fresh sample to determine if it's either Lead (white ppt) or Silver (brown ppt)
- if no precipitate
- take a fresh sample and add NaOH
- blue ppt: copper
- green ppt: Fe2+
- brown ppt: Fe3+
- white ppt: take a new sample and flame test because it could be like three things
- no ppt: pretty sure it's Ca or Ba but I can't remember

help is this kinda right

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
yeah um i just marked the hsc paper and i got 99? how was it that easy. or am. i markking leniently. legit tho my answers were more detailed than the criteria anyways.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yeah um i just marked the hsc paper and i got 99? how was it that easy. or am. i markking leniently. legit tho my answers were more detailed than the criteria anyways.
BRUH WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THERE IS NO CHANCE YOU'RE NOT STATE RANKING
WHICH PAPER DID YOU JUST GET 99 IN?????

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i did it in 2hr 10 mins too..
bruh if you're so smart help me with my cation elimination

maybe?

AHH how tf do I memo anion flowcharts ew

I memorised cation today:
- first add NaCl
- if precipitate forms, add NaOH to a fresh sample to determine if it's either Lead (white ppt) or Silver (brown ppt)
- if no precipitate
- take a fresh sample and add NaOH
- blue ppt: copper
- green ppt: Fe2+
- brown ppt: Fe3+
- white ppt: take a new sample and flame test because it could be like three things
- no ppt: pretty sure it's Ca or Ba but I can't remember

help is this kinda right

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 3.04.10 pm.pngIMG_3062.jpgIMG_3064.jpgScreen Shot 2023-10-26 at 3.04.22 pm.png

@carrotsss @Masaken pls help
For the first one i feel like i had the same method as the hsc but i dont know where i stuffed up???
for the second question i got the same answer as the marking criteria but their working out makes kinda no sense.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 3.08.51 pm.png
also idk how to do this
i scraped two marks for being able to sub in two correct values into keq and finding the concentration of OCl- but idk what to do from there

carrotsss

HSC
hold up I’m sorta confused by your working but I can send my solutions

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
View attachment 41140
also idk how to do this
i scraped two marks for being able to sub in two correct values into keq and finding the concentration of OCl- but idk what to do from there
ok so you found [OCl-] at eqm, then you use an ICE table to find the [OCl-] initial since that's equivalent to the concentration of NaOCl (ionic salt dissociation). since you know the HOCl concentration should be 1.3 x 10^-4 mol/L, that ends up being the change. calculate [OCl-]initial by doing [OCl-]eqm - 1.3 x 10^-4 = [NaOCl] and then from there you can find the volume of NaOCl using C1V1=C2V2

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
wtf stop being so smart

View attachment 41136View attachment 41137

@carrotsss @Masaken pls help
For the first one i feel like i had the same method as the hsc but i dont know where i stuffed up???
for the second question i got the same answer as the marking criteria but their working out makes kinda no sense.
anyways where did i go wrong for the first one

ALSO HOW DOES UR WORKING BARELY HAVE ANY WORKING OUT I LEGIT NEEDED SO MUCH WORKING FOR THE STRONTIUM Q AND I STILL GO IT WRONG BUT WHERE DID I GOT WRONG AM I DUMB should i drop chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)