How to study for chem the next three days help (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I needed some help figuring out how to study for chemistry over the next 3 days
so i did all these papers around 4 weeks ago (before school holidays started bc i then started focusing on maths and stuff more)

• Girra 2019
  • NGO paper 2
  • Hornsby 2020
  • Baulko 2020
  • Strathfield girls 2020
  • Baulko 2019
  • baulko 2022
  • baulko 2023
  • Shore 2021
  • Loreto normanhurst 2019
  • Barker 2020
  • NGO paper 3
  • Independent 2022
  • Neap 2019
  • Neap 2020
  • Neap 2021
  • Neap 2022
  • Strathfield girls 2022
  • Grammar 2019
  • NSG 2019
  • Grammar 2020
  • Ruse 2019
  • Grammar 2021
  • Nsg 2020
  • Ngo paper 4
  • Nsg 2021
  • Ruse 2020
  • Ruse 2021
  • syd boys 2020
But the issue is that this is all a while ago (4 weeks). I feel quite rusty now and i dont know how to get back on track again. i have three days and need to do 4 hsc papers, a bunch of peak papers that i have, a few papers trials that i havent done but are good. I dont think ill have time to do all of them. *I also have the strive book which has 5 sample hsc exams with past hsc q from old syllabus but idk if i should do those cuz they feel old and like very generic and the new syllabus is more intricate in terms of questions they ask and stuff so idk if its worth considering those someone lmk??*

i also need to re memorise and revise a bunch of content so i am able to properly answer short answers again. and some stuff i hate learning like the precipitation complexation colour bs. and the working scientifically stuff as well.
There is so much work to do and im aiming for a very veryy high hsc mark but i dont know where or how to start it just feels so overwhelming i have too much to do.

does anyone have any tips

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
  • Girra 2019
  • NGO paper 2
  • Hornsby 2020
  • Baulko 2020
  • Strathfield girls 2020
  • Baulko 2019
  • baulko 2022
  • baulko 2023
  • Shore 2021
  • Loreto normanhurst 2019
  • Barker 2020
  • NGO paper 3
  • Independent 2022
  • Neap 2019
  • Neap 2020
  • Neap 2021
  • Neap 2022
  • Strathfield girls 2022
  • Grammar 2019
  • NSG 2019
  • Grammar 2020
  • Ruse 2019
  • Grammar 2021
  • Nsg 2020
  • Ngo paper 4
  • Nsg 2021
  • Ruse 2020
  • Ruse 2021
  • syd boys 2020
o_O how long did it take to go all those?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
But the issue is that this is all a while ago (4 weeks). I feel quite rusty now and i dont know how to get back on track again. i have three days and need to do 4 hsc papers, a bunch of peak papers that i have, a few papers trials that i havent done but are good. I dont think ill have time to do all of them. *I also have the strive book which has 5 sample hsc exams with past hsc q from old syllabus but idk if i should do those cuz they feel old and like very generic and the new syllabus is more intricate in terms of questions they ask and stuff so idk if its worth considering those someone lmk??*

i also need to re memorise and revise a bunch of content so i am able to properly answer short answers again. and some stuff i hate learning like the precipitation complexation colour bs. and the working scientifically stuff as well.
There is so much work to do and im aiming for a very veryy high hsc mark but i dont know where or how to start it just feels so overwhelming i have too much to do.

does anyone have any tips
prob not worth doing strive now, i always thought it was better for revision if you learned the content ahead and you're just covering it in school and it doesn't really have some of the new syllabus stuff. i think you should do 1-2 past papers a day but then flesh it out a bit more by covering theory in between?? that's what i was doing today (relearning polymers and the mod 8 ions stuff in between the past papers i was doing) using my tutoring notes and revision qs from my homework book

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Calm. Do a quick revision on content notes. Then skim through the papers you've already done. Redo the harder ones. While you skim, memorise content and types of questions. Then grind out papers.

Day 1 - Revision and past paper skimming/redoing hard qs
Day 2/3 - Grind papers

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Synthesis calm the fuck down first of all

You have all the knowledge in you and after a paper or so you will remember how to do Chem

You have three days for four HSC papers. Plenty of time. My recommendation, 9-12 tomorrow and say 3-6 you do two papers, every other day you do 9-12. In the remaining time you study and revise and go over where you went wrong. Me personally, I need to memorise cation anion charts and some solubility stuff so I need to do that. Otherwise I'm doing what I just recommended. I get that doing more questions is good and all but at this point what is seeing another example going to do if you've already done the 40 papers in your list.

My advice, do the hsc papers, really go through them after when you mark, find those little teeny tiny details you missed throughout (E.g. I already know I need to go over conductivity curves) and then CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

YOU HAVE DONE SO MUCH WORK FOR THIS. YOU CAN DO THIS. SERIOUSLY. I BELIEVE IN YOU EVEN IF YOU DON'T.

don't over stress about this. You have done realistically all the prep you can do - nobody else that I know had done as many papers as you. Remember three days is plenty of time to get back to speed and pace yourself. If you want to take it slower you can, otherwise, fucking full speed ahead and then finish strong in the Friday (I assume Chem is your last exam)

YOU GOT THIS ✨✨✨ nearly there :D

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Synthesis calm the fuck down first of all

You have all the knowledge in you and after a paper or so you will remember how to do Chem

You have three days for four HSC papers. Plenty of time. My recommendation, 9-12 tomorrow and say 3-6 you do two papers, every other day you do 9-12. In the remaining time you study and revise and go over where you went wrong. Me personally, I need to memorise cation anion charts and some solubility stuff so I need to do that. Otherwise I'm doing what I just recommended. I get that doing more questions is good and all but at this point what is seeing another example going to do if you've already done the 40 papers in your list.

My advice, do the hsc papers, really go through them after when you mark, find those little teeny tiny details you missed throughout (E.g. I already know I need to go over conductivity curves) and then CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

YOU HAVE DONE SO MUCH WORK FOR THIS. YOU CAN DO THIS. SERIOUSLY. I BELIEVE IN YOU EVEN IF YOU DON'T.

don't over stress about this. You have done realistically all the prep you can do - nobody else that I know had done as many papers as you. Remember three days is plenty of time to get back to speed and pace yourself. If you want to take it slower you can, otherwise, fucking full speed ahead and then finish strong in the Friday (I assume Chem is your last exam)

YOU GOT THIS ✨✨✨ nearly there :D
yes but there still so much to do
like i got this very good resource with very very hard chem q's that they might ask for hsc like the tricker solution eqm and ppt calc quesitons and stuff for each topic every module and i need to do those but those r like 40 pages each module ahhh

rockydo4u

HSC
like i got this very good resource with very very hard chem q's that they might ask for hsc like the tricker solution eqm and ppt calc quesitons and stuff for each topic every module and i need to do those but those r like 40 pages each module ahhh
Yo could u post em here or nah?

rockydo4u

HSC
probably not bc im not allowed to (not owned by me sorry) but i could try to send quesitons from a few specific topics u need if that helps..
Alr bro thanks bro no problem, also you will be alr, skim over a few questions from a lot of past papers since u lack question exposure and try so hard questions to get ur confident back. Just 1 day of hardwork and u will be set

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I have an offtopic question

Computers would analyse spectra (ir, mass, cnmr etc) these days right? Like no scientist would be in the lab looking at one to determine what molucle it is?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
So instead of doing all 40 pages just do the last three per mod - that would still be like twenty questions surely and you'd get heaps of practice for hard qs
Remember HSC Chem papers aren't as hard as the big schools (I think) although I haven't done any papers yet lmaoo

Luukas.2

HSC
I have an offtopic question

Computers would analyse spectra (ir, mass, cnmr etc) these days right? Like no scientist would be in the lab looking at one to determine what molucle it is?
Computers are good for matching spectra for known compounds, but not so good for unknown compounds.

Bear in mind that HSC is covering only the basics of these techniques and (in the case of 1H NMR) is not teaching splitting accurately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)