How to study for chem the next three days help (1 Viewer)

=)(=

HSC
1698294494722.png
wait this might be dumb but at equilibrium will HOCl always have the same concentration as OH-?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
wtf stop being so smart

anyways where did i go wrong for the first one
if NaOH is limiting then that means when you're doing the thing where you're calculating the number of strontium nitrate moles reacted 0.12 - 1/2 x (0.0684) you're actually calculating how much was in excess or am i tripping

i'll do the q again i can't find my hsc paper it's in my bag somewhere i'm not bothered to get it out rn

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
View attachment 41144
wait this might be dumb but at equilibrium will HOCl always have the same concentration as OH-?
no, when you calculate it, you'll see they have different concentrations it's given that [HOCl] = 1.3 x 10^-4. when you calculate hydroxide [OH-] = 10^-6.5 so they're pretty diff

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
if NaOH is limiting then that means when you're doing the thing where you're calculating the number of strontium nitrate moles reacted 0.12 - 1/2 x (0.0684) you're actually calculating how much was in excess or am i tripping

i'll do the q again i can't find my hsc paper it's in my bag somewhere i'm not bothered to get it out rn
Bruh that’s such a dumb mistake then
Would I get 3/5 😭 cus I think the rest of the process is correct?

So like I basically forgot to account for the excess strontium or what I’m not too sure what I missed yet

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Bruh that’s such a dumb mistake then
Would I get 3/5 😭 cus I think the rest of the process is correct?

So like I basically forgot to account for the excess strontium or what I’m not too sure what I missed yet
i'll look at it again later cos even tho i knew how to do it yesterday i'm struggling to see what else is going on sorry 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)