how to meet more people? (1 Viewer)

hero.

HSC
N/A
get over it guys, i made a heap of friends in the first month of my degree, but then i transferred and essentially wasted that semester. by transferring i was effectively a semester behind everybody else, so most of my new friends were for a single course only, and for only a semester (cos the uni is so big)
Well, are you lonely now? Do you have anyone at uni that you could actually call a true friend or hang out with?

Aside from talking about what degree you are doing and what you did on the weekends, conversations with people at uni get dried out pretty quickly unless you can find something that can be talked about.

I have some friends outside of university, but not really tight. Sometimes we do stuff but that's really rare.

hero.

HSC
N/A
I fear I may be going down the same path. The only "group" that seem to stick together are people with high school friends already.
My advice for you is that you get involved with some social group, club that you are interested in or make a real effort to actually bond with people you liked meeting.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea, i think its been mentioned before, join a society.

a highschool friend of mine (who's greek) joined helsoc.

Now.. i'm friends with almost all 2nd and 1st year (and some 3rd year) helsoc members :)

HSC
yea, i think its been mentioned before, join a society.

a highschool friend of mine (who's greek) joined helsoc.

Now.. i'm friends with almost all 2nd and 1st year (and some 3rd year) helsoc members :)
you have my sympathy

whoisurdaddy

HSC
fml, half the friends/acquaintences I have made this year are transferring at the end of the year.

TWO are transferring to UWS. (WHY. Why would you even bother.)
Bio lab partner from this semester is transferring to a fine arts degree at COFA.

:(
You can be my friend :D

Pace_T

HSC
Well, are you lonely now? Do you have anyone at uni that you could actually call a true friend or hang out with?

Aside from talking about what degree you are doing and what you did on the weekends, conversations with people at uni get dried out pretty quickly unless you can find something that can be talked about.

I have some friends outside of university, but not really tight. Sometimes we do stuff but that's really rare.
i had 2 close friends, thats about it

but even now, i dont really keep in contact with anyone from uni

at my time at unsw i've noticed that there are two types of people: those who go to class and get the hell out of there asap (like me) and others who like to have a social life there such as go to the roundhouse and stuff

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i had 2 close friends, thats about it

but even now, i dont really keep in contact with anyone from uni

at my time at unsw i've noticed that there are two types of people: those who go to class and get the hell out of there asap (like me) and others who like to have a social life there such as go to the roundhouse and stuff
or people who do both. like me :p

HSC
unsw needs some lecture pranks to excite it on youtube

who remembers streakerman?? what happened to him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)