i dun wanna hang out wif u
u smell liek poo

i try to talk to people but they just walk away :(
omg so lonery :(

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I hate most student run organisations.

Want to know why? Because they're run by students.
I second this

Students who inevitably make decisions based on stupid, fucking internal politics or other spastic ideas because they lack the objective standpoint of an actual professional.
I agree again - alot of the people who run the organisations I'm in are law students who are extremely arrogant and probably had their fees paid upfront by their dads who just had to sell their Aston Martins due to the GFC.

Also, such students simply join or run such societies for mostly CV references so that when they eventually have to apply for an internship or graduate position, they'll be able to pass off some bullshit about being a well-rounded individual when it is completely irrelevant towards the job and that most firms will make you their little work bitch and treat you like shit anyway.
If I was in HR (which I pray to God I'm never in) I wouldn't give a shit about extra curriculars UNLESS it is appropriate to the job. i.e. a finance position in a club for a finance job

I've heard of SIFE and AIESEC. Both sound like a load-of-shit student organisations in whom only a certain few individuals probably end up taking the credit for the majority of everyone else's work.
Hahaha! This was the topic of our nationals. UWA won however only 6/18 people attending got prizes and medals - I got a certificate of participation for my $180 subsidised flight.

AIESEC in particular is probably worse because its the 'largest' student organisation in the world to begin with. Apparently, its some work internship placement program but i'm not surprised that most people won't have the slightest fucking idea what they do because all they ever say about themselves is that they're the biggest student organisation in the world. It's funny too because obviously, a lot of students are all keen and shit to be a part of it only to find out that they'll never have to do anything or that they'll simply be used for their manpower with their endless fucking marketing campaigns on campus and get blatant fuck-all in return.

The End.:)
AIESEC is bad nuff said.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
@corey: already tried to rep you. but i need to spread rep first

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I don't get people's problems with this. I'm an antisocial freak, always a loner at high school. but at uni I've made so many friends and people always want to talk with me and hang out. wtf? just fucking talk to any person near you. that's what i do.
Friendship in uni is way different to those in high school. It's easy to acquaint people in uni (in fact, sometimes they acquaint you), but it's not like high school friends who you can hang out with outside school, and have a lot to joke about. Conversations with uni "friends" are always so uptight and shitty.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
tbh it takes a person the intiative to be like 'hey man you doing anything this sat? come ____'

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow all you kids sounds like you have a severe case of social retardation

Tim035

HSC
Strong lack of mods in this thread, I like it! Just read over the last few pages, agree with all of it, student organizations always seem to be run by retards with no business sense, just some crock of crap 'vision' they've thought up and decided to implement. No idea how to properly raise and manage funds and assets or create a valid business network.

+

The average conversation with anyone I talk to a UNSW tends to go:
Me- Hey, what'd you get up to on the w/e?
Them- Oh um, studied and played some WoW, what about you?
Me- 'faceplam'

Very happy about this being my last semester, otherwise I think I may snap and fly kick the next Asian that blocks a staircase.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
tim what kind of uni friends do you have? i thought it would be mostly about boozing or partying??

Tim035

HSC
tim what kind of uni friends do you have? i thought it would be mostly about boozing or partying??
Yeah... it was :( Unfortunately none of my 1st & 2nd year mates followed me in majoring in pharmacology, they are all doing pathology & immunology + I live 2 hours by public transport from uni, so this semester has really been just 'get in, get out'; not a lot of socializing.

And, my best friend (not from uni) is appearing for his final hearing in court this month, looks like he will probably get 2 - 3 years for 'carrying a traffic-able quantity'.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Strong lack of mods in this thread, I like it! Just read over the last few pages, agree with all of it, student organizations always seem to be run by retards with no business sense, just some crock of crap 'vision' they've thought up and decided to implement. No idea how to properly raise and manage funds and assets or create a valid business network.
Main thing is that the real fanatical organisers don't realise no one wants to work unless they get 'Club President' or something on their resumes.

Tim035

HSC
Main thing is that the real fanatical organisers don't realise no one wants to work unless they get 'Club President' or something on their resumes.
If I'm ever in charge of hiring post-grads in the future, I will see through all that garbage on their resume sooooo transparently.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
If I'm ever in charge of hiring post-grads in the future, I will see through all that garbage on their resume sooooo transparently.
I blame the private sector for this crap - students have fuck all to do with their time so rather than learn a language, get a cadetship or do something productive they create organisations to promote crap.

If I was incharge of a company I'd make sure I have cadetships in most fields - chances are that'd give me heaps better graduates aswell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)