How to get to the randwick racecourse exam halls? (1 Viewer)

Question2

HSC
N/A
I'm amazed that there are exam halls in the RACE COURSE....

I'm looking at the map, but it only shows that my exam halls are next to the paddock and i am supposed to enter from "the pedestrian tunnels". There is nothing on the map to indicate the location in relation to UNSW or where the pedestrian tunnels are....anyone has any ideas?

jblack01

HSC
Randwick racecourse if directly across unsw at high street. Go to one of the upper levels of the library and look out the right window and you can't miss it.
There will be express buses from central running to randwick racecourse all exam period. Once you get there there will be people directing students where to go.
Plus you will have about 10,000 other students trying to get to the marquees, so all you have to do is follow the crowd really.
I wouldn't call them exam halls, rather really big tents.

I'd make sure you leave enough time for actually walking to the marquees, last sem I almost missed out on missing my test coz I underestimated how much time I would need.

bladeys

HSC
N/A

I'm looking at the map, but it only shows that my exam halls are next to the paddock and i am supposed to enter from "the pedestrian tunnels". There is nothing on the map to indicate the location in relation to UNSW or where the pedestrian tunnels are....anyone has any ideas?
Just follow the mass crowd of people when you get off the bus

I thought most exams last sem were at the race course? Where were you? I know I had one exam at scientia but i figured everyone would have had at least one exam at the racecourse

D94

HSC
N/A

Surely you've taken the 891 before and surely you've looked to your left as you entered High Street and surely you've seen a sign saying "Randwick Racecourse"...no? The Racecourse is directly opposite UNSW. They probably didn't include UNSW because it is sort of common knowledge, and if not, a simple Google search might be the next course of action.

Anyway, you take the 372/4/6 to get to the Racecourse from Central. You'll see many students going in and coming out, and many will be on the busses as well. You continue through the gates and essentially reach a place where there are heaps of signs saying Marquee A-F and there will be heaps of people walking in the direction of the tunnel. Just get there early because the walk is reasonably long.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can't enter from that big gate on High Street. You have to walk around to wear the grand stand is.

HSC
yeah just make sure you enter from alison rd, the entrance near the intersection of doncaster rd/alison rd.

Say youre at the library at uni, takes about 30 minutes to get to the Marquee A-E, and thats if youre a slow walker. Have the travel time is walking through the tunnel onto the racecourse.

Theres always some lost soul running around like a headless chicken because they were too late to make it in time, so yeah dont be that guy.

Question2

HSC
N/A
I know where the racecourse is, i was saying i didn't know where the exam location IN the race course is.

Why are exams held at a race course of all places anyway? Does UNSW not have enough lecture halls or something?

If there's going to be people directing at the race course, i guess i can't miss it...thanks for the help!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There'll be maps and big letters on buildings.

Plus, you can't have exams in most lecture halls. You can see other people's work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)