How to get a band 6 in essays (1 Viewer)

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
What other choice do I have? I put in solid weeks of effort and come last ? The feedback on the paper is 2 words... What else can I do? But now that i know how to write proper essays i don't need to copy
That feel when you get 12/15 for creative and the teacher leave 0 comment, not a scratch on paper

Drsoccerball

HSC
That feel when you get 12/15 for creative and the teacher leave 0 comment, not a scratch on paper
Yeah well that feeling when you get 11/20 and you have nothing on your paper... thats what i went through.

siggy

HSC
Don't plagiarise, not worth getting a 0 and ruining your ATAR, just be an honest student.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Its as if you are bad in maths and i say "Getting a tutor is unfair"
I'm failing to see the connection here. If you have a maths tutor, the aim is to improve your skills with individual help, not have them do the work for you. The maths tutor can't walk in and do your general maths exam for you.

Drsoccerball

HSC
I'm failing to see the connection here. If you have a maths tutor, the aim is to improve your skills with individual help, not have them do the work for you. The maths tutor can't walk in and do your general maths exam for you.
Well the tutors not doing your test either.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Besides i said i did it once... As I say to many people who have offered it to me before : Id rather learn how to fish than just eating the fish.

teridax

HSC
N/A
What?

If someone else writes an essay for you and you use that essay in an exam, that is plagiarism.

At least you're not still doing it I guess.
It's even worse because if you plagiarise an essay/creative, you can't adapt it because it's not your work. The worst is getting called up on it, and not understanding what you have written because it is purely rote.

Flop21

HSC
yeh mod B is so much stuff to remember (especially for Hamlet) and only relying on my roted generic essay will not work completely as this module has specific questions, but i cbf doing all the work just for one module, so im gonna have a paragraph on maybe 4 ideas roted and then hope for the best.
haha this makes me feel so good because I was planning on doing the same thing! I've noticed past questions really only focus on 4 main themes/areas with say a focus on an excerpt. But if they throw in an excerpt then I'll just make it up on the spot, and then use the rest of my generic throughout the essay.

My 4 paragraphs focus on 4 different themes and I can see myself being able to pull bits out of them to answer character specific questions etc.

mrpotatoed

HSC
As long as they don't ask to write about an intense character relationship its all G

(nek minut the question is to discuss the role of women in hamlet)

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
As long as they don't ask to write about an intense character relationship its all G

(nek minut the question is to discuss the role of women in hamlet)
They actually never asked that, i hope they will never ask that... Holy shit I am so scared now

mrpotatoed

HSC
I wouldn't mind if they asked, everyone would be as screwed as I would be lol. At least there's a pretty good chance we won't get an extract. I'm hoping the question is to do with Renaissance Humanism vs Medieval beliefs, however unlikely that is

Flop21

HSC
I hope it's something to do with morality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)