How to feed myself on $50 p/w budget on food? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Mains
Cooking pasta is relatively cheap also :p

I think it would cost you about $1.1-50 For just simple tomato pasta pasta per serving.

-Buy the noodles (Home brand if possible lol..)
-Buy canned tomatos for the sauce (WAY CHEAPER THEN buying the actual sauce)

Instant noodles (Highly not recommended).
Taste is good for about 1 or 2 days.. Sucks after a while.....

-Cheaper variety of meats
Mince, Sausages, Chicken. TRY avoid beef and etc there a bit costly if your on $50 budget

-Veggies
Don't buy from cools or woolies or any other large supermarket chain because they are a bit costly. Try visit local fruit markets which are much cheaper and descent quality

-Try curries with rice or etc

There really cheap about $1-$2 a packet of powder and all you do is mix with water and veggies =D

-Soups are soooooo cheap also

-Bread is a great choice!! Cheap cheap cheap

Drinks- Use water mostly, Coke or other soft drinks if necessary is relatively cheap also you could try the less conventional brands like L.A Kerks or homebrand. 1L is about 80c-$1

Lastly, Try avoid confectionary goods and etc.... There unnecessary :p but if you have to...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I do a lot of really basic pasta mixes. Buy heaps of pasta, and you can get a whole range of different pasta sauces for under $2.

Drinks- Use water mostly, Coke or other soft drinks if necessary is relatively cheap also you could try the less conventional brands like L.A Kerks or homebrand. 1L is about 80c-$1
You're best bet for Coke is LA Ice in my opinion. Aldi does Regal and Woolies has a homebrand one, which are both cheaper, but neither are that great.

Last edited:

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
asian grocers are great also
meat is generally cheaper at the butchers there, so are general fruit an veg

just remember to make everything yourself when possible, dont splurge on empty caloric foods

girlaskingqs

Banned
HSC
you can get 2 loaves of bread for $2 from coles lol its $1 a loaf now
i had an argument with mommy so i went for months without profit,
and I went from organics to standing in you guys know that shop on anzac parade near the phoenix apartments, with like 1.05 in my hand my last bit of money and
I wondered whether i should get chocolate or biscuits,
i will never forget that day.
but anyways i did and now I still buy hand knitted clothes non stop.
talk about forgetful omie jay.
you could have gotten a pair of cashmere gloves but you
didnt impress me.
for the loser who started this, you can buy for 2 dollars heaps of beans,
and you can sprout it for all the essential nutrients all you have to do is
mix the beans types up, and if you want vitamins eat the sprouts raw, if you want
starch eat the bean.

but guys if you are as smart as me and a girl, you would know you can go
out at night dress up its free drinks non stop and free food free rides. free a lot of stuff
but if you are male, i dont know...beans.

girlaskingqs

Banned
HSC
omie jay if you are this poor, you can get some wholewheat and grow wheat grass , like beans, you can get almost every single nutrient organic and extremely cheaply for losers who dont keep their word

girlaskingqs

Banned
HSC
Those frozen prawns, those small ones are pretty cheap, around $10 for a packet of 1KG from woolies iirc and taste alright, so that's something good which you can add, and will last you more than a week if you have a variety
those prawns are death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)