How much work have you done so far for your PROCESS DIARY? (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ive spent some time these holidays filling in the blanks from the earlier stages of my major work... its kinda painful, going back that far and trying to remember how i was feeling.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I had forgotten about my journal for about 6 weeks..... I've been going and backdating entries lol...

icie

Originally posted by Ollz San
you use blogger for your journal??
Used to use. Its good when you find something whilst you are on the computer, or in some info tech class in school, and either don't have your journal on hand, or can't be bothered getting it. Later on you just print them out and file it in.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by icie

Used to use. Its good when you find something whilst you are on the computer, or in some info tech class in school, and either don't have your journal on hand, or can't be bothered getting it. Later on you just print them out and file it in.
hmm...that's a pretty good idea.
but seeing me, I'd probably somehow turn it into one blabbering blog. associating anything I found with my personal life.
I tend to do that with blogs....:D

pearla

kewl
HSC
What sort of stuff have you been doing???

in my diary there r just sketches (im doing multimedia) and some ideas and stuff, but no real structure, i.e. on today i did this, etc... but heaps of stuff to help me. there isnt really much structure to it.

so far ive done about 40 pages out of my 120 page book.

what else should i be doing??

mad hatter

it looks like i have done sooooo much work in my journal, but i just stick stuf in- but i havn't done anything for a while because i have had complete writers block! i work quite eratically- i'll do 3000 words and 20 pgs in my journal over two days, and then nothing for 3, sometimes 4 weeks, and i can in no way follow plans, which frustrates my makeshift teacher who has no clue...

phillipo

HSC
My supervisor reads my journal entries every week (I have two lessons a week), and its basically my essay written out under different dates it's my saving grace. I write about 500 - 750 words a week about everything Ive done that week (like analysing poems and stuff...it must be harder for you guys doing multimedia and creative writing)

All up my journal looks like it could pass as my project itself (thickness wise) and my project looks like it could scrape a pass for a year 8 essay on Careful he Might Hear You.

phillipo

HSC
ooh, and i also type it up, so i just copy and paste big sections into my actual thesis-y thing.
OH and that whole name thing? My teacher just got me to write BT (initials) every time i refer to him...its really bad, ive actually started to call him that.

captnbuttons

i'm up to my third journal is that bad?? :S :( i don't relaly write entries... most of mine has been research every bit of reserach i do goes in there... everything taht even remotley is relevent goes in the journal! even if its not relevent lol! I don't relaly sit down and write the whole "dear journal" type entry. if i'm annoyed baout something i genrally open my journal scribble all over a piece of writing i atemped and sayu i hate this! lol but, my friend is doing a story, and she finds it difficult to put much in her journal as her story does not/did not require a lot of reasearch, so she has alll her editing etc in there. But for thos eout there if ANY ( i am still yet to find osmeone else) who are doing speeches/critical responses i know that you will probablyhave alot of research... so stick it all in!

Oh and also, does anybody know if we have to attch a bibliography with our major works when we hand them in at the end? is it optional? ... do you think it would help? as if to sort of say "hey mr examiner person give me good marks look how much effort went into this 20 page piece of crud" lol... what do you think? couldn't hurt right?

chip

HSC
thats good ..... the examiners will look at your journals and go yeh this person really did some work and got into their major project.....
i'm up to my second big art book

Huy

HSC
N/A
i haven't been doing much in my journal,
but now that i'm reading these comments, i'll go off and do some work later this week.

i'm hoping to finish my major work before the holidays are over,
since i've got a viva voce first week back,
with the major work being due in about a month+ or so.

i'm doing poetry, and i've written 2 poems HAHA!
(my poems are lengthy though, spanning a few pgs).

so i'd better get to it.
writing more junk in my process diary, which is about 100 pages or so now.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've done about 1000 words of poetry.... my teacher says if I write another 500 words I should be right....

Then I need to do the reflection statement

And I also have a report on independent investigation and the major work due in the first week back...

Plus three other english assignments....

:( !!

with the whole "what the examiners think of ur journal", our teacher just told us that the examiners mightn't ever see the damned thing...

that the work and the journal go to two different places, and IF the reflection statement and work raise questions, THEN the journal will come out of its hidey hole...

i don't want to believe this cos my journal is so pretty-like (pasting-in therapy) - has anyone else heard of this?

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Our teacher, who marked major works in 2001 said that they flick through the journal, and like you've been told, ladypenelope85, we were told that the journals are important only if there is a discrepancy with the major work.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Good question!

I type all my entries on the computer and print them off as I go along. Since I am doing a video, I've also got sheets of sketches flying around, and also other sheets that are less convenient to write using a computer. I don't really own a journal book (tried that, didn't work for me). What's happening with my Ext 2 stuff is that I've got everything in a plastic box, hopefully, I'll be able to fix it into a book nicely.

Last edited:

hel_davo

I have a fair bit in my diary. More work has gone into that than into my actual major work! I guess coz i'm doing an essay so all my research is in my diary. I am so utterly dependant on it it's crazy... It's an A4 book and its probably just over half full. not sure on pages...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)