How much work have you done so far for your PROCESS DIARY? (1 Viewer)

ellipsis

HSC
Whoa, really ?

I have to hand mine into the teachers every now and again (so far twice) so I can't really do nothing. Plus whenever I have a meeting with my ext 2 teacher (once a week, quite scary) then I show her stuff in it.

So um, its an A4 spiral bound book, 'bout half full. Dunno how many pages....

Its useful but, I keep track of ideas and stuff through it. Its really weird reading back through them though.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i know, ive been pretty slack... but our 4 unit teacher "trusts us" to be making a consistent effort... i guess i havent really been actually PROCESSING that much anyway... DEFINITELY will get my acts together after half yearlies...

Leap

free falling
HSC
I've written a couple of pages of character profiles and stuck some of my favourite quotes in it. Thats about it, really.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Leap
I've written a couple of pages of character profiles and stuck some of my favourite quotes in it. Thats about it, really.
hee hee thats what I did

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I have written a fair bit..... reflection on research and other related texts I have looked at, quotes, drafts, sentences, words I like, my thoughts on the subject, ideas, mind maps, etc.

I have a small size journal (wish I had used an A4 one....) and it's almost half full.

at one of those first ext 2 lecture days, the speaker offered some advice - "don't let your journal become your second major work".

unfortunately i find that very hard to do... yeah ellipsis our school's got the same sort of process, and apparently our journal will be looked over by all the people on our viva panel... so mine has a couple of of "look at this quickly and you'll get the gist of my entire project" pictures on the front!!!! (don't worry, it is also a spiral a4 bound book, half full as well...)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah one of my fellow 4-unit friends spends HOURS on his process diary every week, drawing pretty pictures and lists of names and places and stuff... it all seems pretty pointless to me.

funnily enough, he is the only one of us who hasnt decided on his major work :p

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah he is one of those real indecisive types, who is considering like 5 different things but can't decide...

i spose its not too bad, if you compare it with some of the people who wrote in last years extension 2 forum... 2 weeks before deadline they were changing their major work :D sounds like something i would do... i did it with my proposal at least.

miguel_fugdey

In The Closet (the broom closet, not the gay close
i dunno how ur friends gonna manage snake...though i knew someoen last year who didnt decide what they were doing until the july holidays - but they got BAD marks. what i've started doing is just writing down my thoughts ON THE WORK whenever i have em, and dating them...that way i dont waste time

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
im really gonna try and use the Easter hols... just get myself psyched up creatively (without the worry of looming assessment tasks) and really go for it... 2am+caffeine usually puts me in the best headspace.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I've only just started. 3 pages all of it.

But you know what, all these talks about the journal make me realise that so far I've been too focused on researching stuff that I can put on my journal instead of actually starting my damn major work. however stupid that may sound :rolleyes:

so...geez thank goodness I read this thread or else I'd end up with a one-sentence poem as my major work.

speaking of poetry, does anyone know where I can get hold of some poetry from past Ext 2 major works? Just those ones that were marked well. I was wondering about the quality, see if I can come close to it. :)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i agree with miguel about the standards package... i generally use my 4unit periods to use one of the school's printers for free...

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
oh cool, thanks guys.

what I would pay to have a 4unit period!! :D
we don't have one here at tafe. we have one ext1 period (2 hours) per week.

anyway, I'll check out the standards package. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)