how much study for a band six (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Hey everyone! I know this is a hard question but how much study do you reckon would be sufficient to get me a band six. I've been doing dribs and drabs over the hols for legal, and I've put aside about five full, 12hr study days leading up to exam 4 it-but do you reckon that's enough? I've done my summaries but there's just so much content...are there any past band sixers out there who can tell me how many hours they did leading up to it?

And also does anyone have any notes on a human rights issue that they could *pretty please* share :)(I need some extra info on either terrorism or the international sex trade)
Cheers

HSC
Well I'm gunning for a B6. And I have Bio on the 6th, Eco on 7th, Legal on the 8th. argh! So i've only got 2 full days that ive scheduled prior + after Eco. = (

Terrible cliché but its quality not quantity (study)

Exphate is right about - some get it without much effort; whilst other have to work for it.

You will do fine, just make up cases =D *legal disclaimer I waiver responsibility if you get caught.

nice

HSC
hey guys just a question to ask quick, coz i gotta study for english but anyways im ranked 8/36 in legal would i get a band 5 and plus i think i can do really well
but my question is from this rank can i get a band 5?
:wave: :confused:

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
it depends on your school.. if you have a strong cohort and its realli competitive.. u may have a chance of gettin a band 5... on the contrary at my school.. im 2/34... and the only ppl likely to get a band 6 is the top 4 students... the rest may get band 5's but majority im guesin will get band 3's...

for a band 6.. id say if ur in top 5 at a reasonably competitive high school... if your at a crummy public school like mine lol... then top 3 if not top 4....

there is not so much "Hours" for study to get a band 6.... ur trials should b a good indication of what u will get... if ur gettin 70's in ur trials... then u should thoroughly revise your topics cuz band 6 isn't easy to get if your marks are that low....

good luck to all :D...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It differs for everyone. I managed it mainly because I enjoyed the subject and had some nature ability. There is no magic number, just find what works for you, relax and enjoy it. Good luck for the 8th guys, my assignments are over and your exam is before my uni exam so i will try and help out as much as possible.

MartaJ

HSC
webby234 said:
I'm looking for a band six (ranked =1st at selective school) and I've done limited study since the trials. But I guess that's just because I have 6 days between my second last exam (Modern History) and Legal Studies, and I find Legal comes more naturally to me than some of my other subjects (eg English). So hopefully with a whole load of study in the week before that'll be enough. But as others have said, comes down to each individual and quality is more important than quantity.
My Legal teacher's always going on about quantity. He says that it doesn't matter how good your three lines are, they're still three lines... I don't like this philosophy. *Sigh*

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'm sorry, I don't agree with your teacher, there should be a balance between quality and quantity, but if you write a whole lot of irrelevant crap that wont get you marks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)